1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

don´t buy with steam

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Joern III, Oct 16, 2012.

1. the game is so bad. i hate steam. i deleted f1 2012 from my pc.
    any game file is corrupted. I only get to bahrain and then
    i must restart.

thanks steam and thanks codemaster for nothing.

be happy with my money

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Sorry for your woes ...... but it's nothing to do with Steam .... :O_o:

Thanks for letting us know anyway ....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

I have nothing but praise for steam. loving it so far.it's the future.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Same here. I use Steam for most of my games and I've never had any issues. Sorry the well patched game is not working for you but I doubt its down to Steam :coffee:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Did you try using the steam 'verify integrity of game cache' option?. This would have checked the installed files and replaced any it found at fault.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z190/joe_pineapples_2007/verify.jpg

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I don't see any other posts about such problems on RD, so from a developer point of view: you're either running into error "40CMIFOS" or it's your hardware. Try what Mr. Pineapples suggested first, that might fix everything easily. :)

7. ML2166

ML2166
    If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

40CMIFOS

Is what exactly?

I get the feeling there is a joke in there somewhere, but I'm missing it.

8. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

IT helpdesk code for "40cm in front of screen" if someone's asking what's causing the issue.

:)

• Like Like x 3
  9. ML2166

ML2166
    If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

Ahhhhhhh....got it.

That'll be me then!!

:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can't stop myself laughing.

But what if he really has a problem with Steam? You know, that one guy without a clue to what he's doing, expecting it to work right off the bat, then BAM! Conflicts of sorts because he expects a smooth experience?

11. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Well, we suggested trying to verify the game files - Steam will then download new files, if necessary. If it still doesn't work it must be a problem on his side since the very same files were downloaded by all of us (depending on the location) and neither of us is suffering from the same problem.

It's always better to describe a problem instead of ranting in the OP and not trying to figure out possible solutions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Yeah, that's my take on it too. It seems more of a blow off of steam (pun intended), than a request for technical assistance. :)

13. With puns like that you should get a job working for the news papers ;)

14. lol! :roflmao:

15. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I do ...... I clean the toilets at News International. I'm hoping to move to Fox News, as there is much more crap involved there .... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. My favourite when I worked in IT was the ID10T error.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi! I'm very happy I bought this game, but since it's the first I ever bought from Steam I have a few questions.

1) Is my game updated automatically? do I have to do something in order to update my game?

2) I can't find anywhere my game files. Where are all the files? Cant find them :(

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  19. guys i have that game on steam and everething runing ok what is probs lol

20. Now now, it's not a matter of it works for you, so it should be ok for everybody else.

He's a special case. :D