F1 2010 Does winning online even matter?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
i had a look yday at the leaderboards online, i'm a level 29 with 118,000 xp and 105 race wins. i look at the others around me and they have pretty much the same xp at the same level with much less race wins (most in their 30's) it made me question whether winning really counts because if it did then surely i should have been way ahead of where i am?

I disagree with the thread above linked, as Towards tge end is a post where they are encouraging cheating. The reason the xp is confusing is because I should actually be a challenge. Where is the challenge in effectively cheating by driving the same track and cutting corners over and over again. When I get the achievement for level 50 online, I want to feel I've earned it by racing against others, and putting the proper effort in.

You are ony cheating yourself if you follow that guide. I think it is bad people post stuff like that, as soon I will have to cut themcorners like that at that track just to keep up with other people who are doing it on purpose. This is what happened at Spa on racedriver Grid - using run offs you end up 4 secs faster than without, so everyone had to do it tk keep up.

This is why I don't mind the grass and run-offs being quite unrealistic in effects for the car in this game as it encourages people to keep it on the road when racing, which is the ultimate point of racing - consistency. Yeah it's irritating when it's a one off mistake which costs you dearly.

This is the view I hold on the penalties for corner cutting - it promotes accuracy. It's unfair when you get pushed off yes, and rammed up the rear wing and oh get the penalty, but it is ultimately in everyones interest to get people to race properly and obey the rules.
/rant

In summary. Driver mistakes are your own fault. Don't blame the game. And earn the xp properly by racing actual people. It's simple the more you race, the cleaner you are, the more you beat others, the more points you get. The tankers lose out in the long run. Even if I end up last a the first corner I keep going as j know I have the consistency over the idiots and ultimately will finish better.

Consistency is key: don't do quali laps in races and you will prevail.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%