Does this site hate iRacing?

I see other titles like "My Summer car" get their pride of place. Yet the daddy of online racing gets shunted off to "other racing games".

Why? Is it just bias to other games or do they really think my summer car is more popular than iRacing? I'd genuinely like to know, is it just because iRacing is already so popular? or is it just to give other sims/games more exposure?

I've always found it bizarre. I just had to ask..

No idea about a "hatred" or "bias" (but I doubt it) but if you look at it from staff perspective, iracing has their own comprehensive forum so it's not as important to provide a forum for that particular game.

No idea about a "hatred" or "bias" (but I doubt it) but if you look at it from staff perspective, iracing has their own comprehensive forum so it's not as important to provide a forum for that particular game.

As do many other titles? But hey it's their site they can do what they will, I just found it strange.. and having just stumbled across another website (that shall remain unnamed) seems it's soul purpose is to hate on iRacing, -- I've honestly never seen anything like it just a total cesspool of utter hatred.. quite amusing really, some folk would devote so much time and energy on hating.

Then I thought maybe this is a thing?

I have wondered the same thing. Why is the premier online racing simulation listed in the Other Racing Games category? Is it really considered equal to GTA-5 and the Forza games?

Would it be impossible to move the forum over to the Sim Racing Games section? Or does the site administration really believe it doesn't belong there?

I agree big time. A long time ago, I did post before asking the same question, why its put in the other games section when it in fact is the leader for online racing. But I do understand it might have to do with "price" thing, still its a top sim and should have its rightful place with the others. They also have more races televised and have coverage on TV in Europe. My 2 cents.

I'mma chime in both as a staff and as an user of iRacing.

I don't know why iRacing is here to be honest (I don't control this kind of things), but if I am to guess is that the "traffic" flux here (I mean threads, replies, posts, etc.) compared to other games like AC, pCars, Raceroom is way smaller than the latter games, up to a point of being somewhat "irrelevant" compared to the other games.

But I agree that iRacing, despite the game here in RD not being overly fluctuated with messages and thread and conversations be on the "relevant" Sim Racing Games since is the biggest MP game of the bunch and other features. I can bring it up to other staffees no problem.

I don't know why iRacing is here to be honest (I don't control this kind of things), but if I am to guess is that the "traffic" flux here (I mean threads, replies, posts, etc.) compared to other games like AC, pCars, Raceroom is way smaller than the latter games, up to a point of being somewhat "irrelevant" compared to the other games.

But I agree that iRacing, despite the game here in RD not being overly fluctuated with messages and thread and conversations be on the "relevant" Sim Racing Games since is the biggest MP game of the bunch and other features. I can bring it up to other staffees no problem.
With that said, thinking more about it, I do understand it doesn't allow modding and it does have its own large forum but I usually stay from it, since it can be sometimes very toxic. It feels like an insult to such a sim, either way I race other sims and enjoy the use of Race Department.

That would be great Lorenzo, thanks!

IIRC it used to be out and listed with the main sims instead of being tucked away in the "other racing games" section. But it just didn't really see any traffic because most people just stick to the huge official iRacing forums and don't really have much need to visit RD. Just a quick look shows that, outside of this thread, there have been less than a half dozen posts in the last week, and I believe it was like that before it got moved to this sub-forum. I was not staff then so I don't know the details, but this is how I recall it.

always find it a bit bizarre as well, but the traffic issue certainly makes sense, it's
whati figured out on my own anyway. Notice also that all efforts to start / run an RD iRacing league never caught on quite the way other leagues in other sims, simply because the iRacing crowd are happy with what the service offers. We even went as far as having huge spreadsheets to figure who owns what content, all to no avail.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back