1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Grid 2 on PC allow separate pedals?

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I have GRID 1 and I didn't play oit much when it came out, but then I didn't play it at all after I separated my G25 pedals with the bodnar cable.

Now I have a 50% off coupon for all codemaster games from Steam, but the only game that even remotely may interest me is GRID 2. However, even at half price I don't want to buy it if my setup won;t work on it.

If someone could clear up this for me I'd be very grateful. Thank you.
  2. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

GRID2 is not even remotely meant to be played with a wheel, Corrado. A gamepad is perfectly fine but playing it with a wheel won't work properly.

GRID2 is much like Need for Speed. A bad clone but yeah, still a lot like Need for Speed. :)

3. What do you mean by "won't work properly"?
    I use G27 and it works just fine.
    Grid 2 has a variety of wheels supported.
    Don't mislead other people.

HKZonda - is a good example of G25 in action.
    You can check out his videos here.

Not sure about separated pedals, Corrado.
  4. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Thanks for the replays. I realize GRID is not a sim and it may be optimized for a controller more than for wheel use, but even the original worked OK (no better than OK) with a wheel. The only problem is that when I detached the pedals from my G25 there was no way to use the pedals any longer and I was not about to reconfigure my setup just for a game that is at best something I would play out of boredom.

I guess my question would be better formulated as "Does Grid2 allow multiple controllers" The problem with Grid 1 was that it recognized only one controller. If grid2 recognises more than one then it should be fine.
  5. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Well, let me rephrase that: GRID2 isn't worth playing with a wheel. It's not a sim. :)
  6. Hey Op yes grid 2 does support multiple controllers i have my wheel pedals 2 shifters and a buttonbox all on seperate usbs and works fine..
    Also game works pretty good with a wheel for me i cant imagine playing with a gamepad,,not trying to say it feels realistic at all just that if i had to use a gamepad i would not bother
  7. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.