• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Grid 2 on PC allow separate pedals?

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    I have GRID 1 and I didn't play oit much when it came out, but then I didn't play it at all after I separated my G25 pedals with the bodnar cable.

Now I have a 50% off coupon for all codemaster games from Steam, but the only game that even remotely may interest me is GRID 2. However, even at half price I don't want to buy it if my setup won;t work on it.

If someone could clear up this for me I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    GRID2 is not even remotely meant to be played with a wheel, Corrado. A gamepad is perfectly fine but playing it with a wheel won't work properly.

GRID2 is much like Need for Speed. A bad clone but yeah, still a lot like Need for Speed. :)

Tom

3. Zodh

Zodh

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean by "won't work properly"?
    I use G27 and it works just fine.
    Grid 2 has a variety of wheels supported.
    Don't mislead other people.

HKZonda - is a good example of G25 in action.
    You can check out his videos here.

Not sure about separated pedals, Corrado.

4. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    Thanks for the replays. I realize GRID is not a sim and it may be optimized for a controller more than for wheel use, but even the original worked OK (no better than OK) with a wheel. The only problem is that when I detached the pedals from my G25 there was no way to use the pedals any longer and I was not about to reconfigure my setup just for a game that is at best something I would play out of boredom.

I guess my question would be better formulated as "Does Grid2 allow multiple controllers" The problem with Grid 1 was that it recognized only one controller. If grid2 recognises more than one then it should be fine.

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    Well, let me rephrase that: GRID2 isn't worth playing with a wheel. It's not a sim. :)

6. scott420247

scott420247

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Op yes grid 2 does support multiple controllers i have my wheel pedals 2 shifters and a buttonbox all on seperate usbs and works fine..
    Also game works pretty good with a wheel for me i cant imagine playing with a gamepad,,not trying to say it feels realistic at all just that if i had to use a gamepad i would not bother

7. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.