1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Does anyone play this on a laptop?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Danny Asbury, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Hey, I might be able to get my hands on a laptop that I'll be able to use for gaming. It's an Intel Mac, so it should be able to dual boot. So the question is, does GTR Evolution play well on laptops? Can you even play this stuff at all on a laptop? And does anyone here play on a laptop?

2. It all depends on the specs of the Laptop.

You can play the game on many laptops that have pretty good spec fine.

If you can get more details of the laptop we can help you further.

3. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

4. It uses a 8600M so it will play it on around medium settings would be my guess.

But you would need to run it on windows to get the game to work not apple mac osx.

5. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

I started sim racing on a Laptop. Had to run on Low settings to get good FPS but that was because I used an external monitor of 24" lol. Laptop had 256mb of video ram 8600M.

6. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Yeah, I would have to dual-boot it. That shouldn't be a problem.

But medium speed... is that good or bad? Is it common for people to play at medium speed? And are medium speed players allowed to race in events here at RD?

7. Medium graphics settings are perfectly fine. Heck, even I race on them. RaceDepartment does not discriminate against those who can't run the game on high graphics settings, run them as low as you like! :D

8. I'm playing on laptop with 9600M GT 512MB

with max settings it's working very well

9. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info, fellas!