Does AMS support Direct Drive Wheels?

I've problem with a Direct Drive Mmos .
- FFB skip Update set to "1" to controller.ini :
LOW Effect : Playable but FPS drop 60 to 50 (V-Sync On) during high strength , curbs, grass..
MEDIUM Effect : Unplayable , drop to 3 FPS

Even with FFB skip at 7, you're still getting 'finer' FFB than in GSC so you can go up from 1 to increase fps.
Hi Niels,
I understand you are driving a Leo Bodnar wheel and, presumably, you are hitting the same problem others with direct drive wheels are having. Are you skipping FFB at 7? or are you able to run it at higher rates (meaning 0 or 1). Is this an issue related to computer power? Will there be a fix to make sure direct drive wheel can use fully the new power behind of AMS? Which would be recommended settings (controller.ini, DDW software, etc) that you would recommend for current state of the sim?

Apologies for the batch of questions and thanks for your time.

I'm playing the beta with my new DD wheel (OSW-type wheel running MMos firmware).

Everything works with FFB skip at 1, no FPS issue.
I had to set RealFeel smoothing level at 4 minimum though, otherwise I had very strong, high frequency, unpleasant vibrations.
With smoothing at 4 and some damping, it feels very, very good.

I still can't use the rallycross track though, too many bumps ; it feels like you're driving a car with no suspension on some old stone pavement... (to the point it started to loosen some nuts and bolts which didn't have spring washers on my rig...)

The DD wheel plan of attack is:
- Set the FFB Skip updates in userdata/yourname/controller.ini to the lowest value that has no FPS loss for you (in my case 1 but don't worry you can go up to 7)
- Set the realfeel smoothing up and up, 4 seems a good base, perhaps more on the supertruck and karts.

We'll provide a 'clipping free' INI soon for the (relatively) few DD wheel owners to use as a starting point.

The DD wheel plan of attack is:
- Set the FFB Skip updates in userdata/yourname/controller.ini to the lowest value that has no FPS loss for you (in my case 1 but don't worry you can go up to 7)
- Set the realfeel smoothing up and up, 4 seems a good base, perhaps more on the supertruck and karts.

We'll provide a 'clipping free' INI soon for the (relatively) few DD wheel owners to use as a starting point.
Thanks Niels. Would you also share some ssc configuration files for your Leo Bodnar wheel, or the settings you find to work best with it? Thanks.

• Deleted member 197115

There is DefaultSmoothingLevel and a bunch of SmoothingLevel for each type of car.
Which one needs to be set to 4, all of them?
For now I just bumped Overall Filter in MMOs to 7%, with default smoothing and some damping it's quite good already.

There is DefaultSmoothingLevel and a bunch of SmoothingLevel for each type of car.
Which one needs to be set to 4, all of them?
For now I just bumped Overall Filter in MMOs to 7%, with default smoothing and some damping it's quite good already.

I've removed all of the MMOs filtering since Reiza increased smoothing. Damper is set to ~15%. Skip updates set to 2.

Edit: I think you have to set all of them at 4 if you feel a need to fiddle with it. Default is something the plugin will use if there are no separate value set for that exact car.

Just manually edit the realfeel.ini if you want "clipping free" FFB. Raise the MaxForceAtSteeringRack. For eg. I raised the F309 to -6000 but I might lower it to -5000 or -4500 and then also lower other FFB settings to equal the equivalent output but, ya, just raise the number of the MaxForceAtSteeringRack and don't forget to keep the negative if it's there.

If people don't want to use and check Motec to see what number they should use then just tell me the car and track and I'll quickly do tests for everyone here and report back. You can even send me (or tell me) your setup if you want to be that precise. I enjoy doing this stuff :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.4%