Do you use headphones, speakers or ESP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another quick silly poll for the forum ...
What audio equipment do you (mainly) use when you are driving?

(kick ass sennheiser headphones is my weapon of choice ... have a decent 5.1 creative setup, but apart from kids usually being in bed in next room when I drive, find the headphones give me every last ounce of detail without driving the neighbours mad :wink:)

Depends really, sometimes I use the edimensional 5.1 headset, but most of the time use my studio monitors for the best and ultimate sound quality :evil: (not too late though as annoy next door :pound:)

[media]http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/Rubicon%206a.jpg[/media]
Ribbon tweeters on studio monitors Damian?

That's a bit unusual. I thought ribbons might sound too smooth for studio work, where people prefer a ruthless sound for mixing. Yamaha NS-10's for instance.

I bet your ones sound good with the game, though. :thumb:

X-Fi gamer soundcard and "Neighbour Friendly" Sennheiser PC150 headset for me.

All my gaming is done with a headset, as I'm normally in some type of teamspeak or ventrilo program at the time. Not only that though but you can never recreate the clarity from a decent headset with any speakers at optimum volume levels (Brilliant for full immersion into the game)

• Driftrs

Sennhead

I'm also a sennhead fan I own the 595HD and the new PC350. I just about got my PC350 broke in now they have so much detail I love them.I highly recomend them. I also did a little mod to them which made them more to my liking. I bought a pair of ear pads that fit on my 595 which are soft material. I did not care for the leather type ear pads they came with.Those made my ears hot after a few hours of gaming. Check them out..

Sennheiser USA - PC 350 - Product Details

• Mike Lee

Even thought its not a 5.1 engine i find that the zalman 5.1's create a good 'enclosed cockpit' sound. GTRe is awesome for sound.

• Daniel Hartmann

I have a Sennheiser HD600 and use it for music (after 10 pm) and racing (always). I don't want to disturb my neighbours, so my hifi-speakers remain calm unless for music (daytime) and movies.
Before I bought the Sennheiser I had several Plantronics Headsets, a Philips Headphone and a Speedlink Medusa Headset. Either their sound was crappy and/or they broke down after a while.
Kefs are nice, I owned a pair of XQ1 but decided to do a final upgrade and got some Klipsch rf7. Now I don't need a subwoofer anymore, just in case I want to tear down a wall it might be helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%