Do you prefer to watch the sports of the Summer or Winter Olympics?

I have a theory. I think that people like me who are interested in motorsport (or just cars in general) would prefer to watch the Winter Olympics, because they contain more sports that have similarities to car racing - high speed, high risk - such as the Alpine Skiing, Skicross, Boardercross, Bobsleigh, Luge and Skeleton. The Summer Olympics, on the other hand, doesn't have this "high speed" sort of racing. The closest it can get is with the cycling in the velodrome.

Let me know what you think. I am also an avid skier, so that might be influencing me too... ;)

Too many of the Winter events are "judged" rather than "measured" performance.

I suppose so, I've never particularly been a fan of judged sports. But the Summer Olympics has its fair share too - diving, synchronised swimming, all the Gymnastics events...

Things like (normal) ski racing, ski cross, slalom skiing, boarder cross, speed skating, cross country skiing, biathlon, bobsleigh, luge, skeleton etc. are all pure races though.

Definitively Summer, usually however I am watching the Winter Olympics too. This year I had to make an exception however, since it's unbearable for me. Costs of approximately 50 billion US Dollars (Vancouver about 6,5 billion US Dollars), large-scale "profiteering", politics deeply cross-linked with sports, oligarchical interests, human rights violations (e.g. expropriations, evictions, death threats, limited freedom of speech and freedom of the press, ...) and the reckless destruction of resources and large natural reserves leaves me just sick. The Olympic games might be the Olympic games but I mean all this for two weeks of sports? The spirit of the games is long gone! Yes, and the games in China were not one bit better, but at least there was a spark of hope for a change. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Winter Sports........Women doing Extreme Sports is sexy as hell, the Women's Snowboard-Cross for example ;) it's also very exciting racing.

Most of the sliding events are good to watch, I've even watched a bit of the Hockey, didn't have a clue what the hell was going on but I've watched a good bit of a couple of games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back