1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you play with wheel and hands displayed?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Olivier Mandavy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. Do you play with wheel and hands displayed?
    If yes, do you have a sim racing cockpit?

2. No rig for me :(
    Wheel animation is on
    Hands off

3. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I display wheel and hands... I don't see my real wheel and hands in my line of vision as I'm sitting more upright (back problems!) plus I like the graphical representation of the game wheel in many cases more than my TX - it looks strange to drive a F1 car (not this game) with a TX.

4. I have hands and wheel animation off when driving with wheel.
    I'm using a GT Omega wheel stand to my G27 and a scissors chair.
    So I'm pretty close to the floor and can get my own wheel in the view where the animation otherwise would be.
    This will change with Oculus in the future though! :thumbsup:

5. If the hands rotated more than 180 I would use them, but as it is no hands, wheel only.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

both on and off - cause some cars have dashboard on wheel ... i don`t care about hands ..

7. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Wheel off, Hands off, too distracting for my tiny mind :p

8. Wheel on hands off, tried turning off wheel too, but i just love having it on screen, couldn't enjoy the sim properly without the wheel visual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Devil_Dog

Devil_Dog
    I walk the line.

No hands or wheel. I run triples with the screens as close as I can and it is a 1:1 scale. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I run hands and wheel cause my wheel irl only has 180 rotation lol (logitech driving force ex from the ps2(I was a big gran turismo player(I clocked 3 and almost 4)))

11. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I use both hands and wheel.
    I have tried in a few games to run without, and it was okay, but for me, it's about immersion,
    so they must both been shown :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. although you could argue that it is more immersive to have neither and just pretend its your wheel irl

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. I still stick to my 1st answer thou, mostly because in some cars the dashboard/shift-indicator is located on the wheel. Meaning, I don't use any HUD.
    Well, I try not to anyway. but sometimes you might have to.

14. Im gonna keep using the hud including map until i get a spotter as i feel it makes me safer in multiplayer

15. Not displaying the in-game wheel is difficult for me because I don't have a simracing cockpit and my monitor is not close to the real wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. My ingame seat is always moved quite forward and therefore my virtual steering wheel (plus hands) are almost invisible, even if they are activated. I'm seeing just a small bit of the upper part of the rim.

17. only wheel, if the driver atleast could move his hands a little (like 45°) further... still hoping for real hand driver animations like in pcars or AC. i like it in r3e how the hands stay on gearbox/shifter, but the hand-animation stopping at 90° just kills it 4me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I don't understand this 90 degrees limitation, is it so hard to move hands more than 90 degrees? AC and pCars do it

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wheel on hands off. I tried without the wheel and it just felt strange. But once I get a proper cockpit, I'm going to set it up where I don't need the wheel on