Do you personally know of any females that play racing games?

Well guys i think my gf is capable of racing with us at Club Races. I was checking the the line up for the week and i see WTCC/Spa was this week. So decided to do some praccy. I spend about a hour on track and gf is on my new laptop and watching me at the same time. She decides that she wants to give Spa a go so i happily give up the wheel. I set up her car, and off she goes. She did 20 laps, that is a lot being on Spa seeing that it is a long course but she was doing good except for the chicane at the end but got it after 6 laps. After she was done her 20, i did a single time trial lap and put up my ghost for her to chase and after Another 12 laps this was her result.

I truly think she has the talent for she is the best female driver that i have ever been with . I don't have to keep my eyes on the road for her,i can mind my own business when she drives and lately i've been teaching her how to Blip Throttle when downshifting in our roomie's car and she caught on:).

I'm kicking myself in the rear right now for giving my DFPRO away to a friend. I gave it to him because he bought a PS3 and was going to get into GT5 so a couple of my friends and i could do some online racing together. Well my PS broke and i traded GT5 for Forza 4 so i'm out of the game (love Forza) not regretting it but i have enough gear at home to have two Race 07's going and i could be racing my gf rather her just chasing my ghosts:facepalm:. My CSR Forza wheel better come soon!

Stupid me i missed the race.

We spent a few hours on Botnia. Gf took a M3 GT2 for a spin.

And she played some GTL as well.

I forgot to mention she is manually going through the gears and using the clutch. When we play GTL there is going to be no such thing as Paddle shifting or Sequential shifting for that would just be wrong with these classic gems.

Nice, i didn't think that anyone drives that track.. It does awful now, it was my first released project:eek: I made it primarily as a practice track, tried to incorporate all types of corners in to it. I learned a lot from the T4-6 combo, mainly how to trailbrake unstable car.

PS: Put her on Alpine Hills, that would be awesome to see. And hopefully she will join ranks soon, clearly she has the potential.. Has more talent than i do..

I just found it a few days ago, I think it is a fantastic track. Needs to be used in Club Racing IMO. Still nice work! we'll use it to test different cars. Its perfect for it.:) . We were really struggling with the chicanes at first but mastered them.:D

Kennett, Alpine Hills is "Crazy" but a absolute fantastic circuit. I just gave it a go and Jeez! you can't go off the road on this one Lol! I've never rolled my car so many times in one lap Lol!.Car damage is going to be off for this one. Well once we finish babysitting our friends kids, we will give it a go after dinner later tonight. Gf's is up for the challenge. This circuit makes Nordschlifie look like a waterslide park:D.

We did some Westwood so i thought i'd put up both our laps this time. So ladies first.

And mine.

Here i'm thinking i'm "Cool Joe" by driving the Skyline, and she picks the Lambo.... I just got Trumped by my girlfriend!:frown::D
I've got the theme song from "Cannonball Run" going through my head right now.:D

FYI about Westwood for anyone that does not know, this track use to be a 40 minute drive from where i live now. It got torn up in 1991 for this:http://www.westwoodplateaugolf.com/ and houses for the rich. Back then i watched a Vintage Motorcycle , 125/250cc Motorcycle and a 70's sports car races there. There was also a awesome Go Kart track there too.

It still upsets me today that the track is gone because of the houses going up and all the rich prissies wanted a golf course up there. We have enough golf courses in the Lower Mainland but like we say "Money Talks, BS Walks".

Kennett, Alpine Hills is really hard. Even the center line will throw you off lol! We both got frustrated last night so we are giving Race 07 a bit of a break:D We've been playing GTL pretty much all afternoon today. What a great sim that is!

A59439.jpg

Kennett, i wish that Alpine Hills was available for GTL. With the better physics and the Old Skool cars i think it will be more fun driving that track on GTL:)

After I complete my IFM season, i think i'm throwing in the towel with Race07.

We were playing some RFactor again tonight.

A bit of 1/4 mile action.

We mostly played around with Indy Cars tonight. My gf is familiar with Indianapolis Oval

My gf's dad is a long haul truck driver so we emailed him a link to this video:D

Kennett, i wish that Alpine Hills was available for GTL. With the better physics and the Old Skool cars i think it will be more fun driving that track on GTL:)

After I complete my IFM season, i think i'm throwing in the towel with Race07.
Sent you PM but others can test if they like too: Alpine Hills 1.88 beta for GTL: http://Cream.Galleria.fi/BTB/Tracks/Alpine_Hills/AlpineHills188b_GTL.zip

NOTE! It's work in progress, may contain bugs..Or actually, it does, not all collision wals are adusted to the new runoff areas..

I really didn't want to post this one but my girlfriend said she will sign up here just to post it herself:mad::D so here it is.We did this last week.This is Race07"s version of Alpine Hills. And yes she is better than me on it:oops: she has more time on it than i do. It has become a mission for her to be competitive with me on my sims. So i'm chasing her ghost replay.

I added another view.You can see were i lose confidence and were i made my mistakes.

Is this bruising my ego? it did but i'm over it
Is it a kick to my goolies? Yes but it's the first time ever i don't mind getting kicked there! roflmao!:D

Hey dude my girlfriend doesn't know much about racing either. She likes video games and thinks what i do is pretty fun.I'm happy that she shows interest as much as she does:). Although, her dad has taken her to the Champcar races here back in 2002 and 2003 (long before i knew her) and thought that was cool and recently she watched parts of the Bathurst 1000 and the Gold Coast 600 with me. She thinks Greg Murphy is cute:rolleyes: thats why she is driving his car:D. Pauline keeps calling V8 SC's "Superstar Cars":mad: i want her to stop doing that!:)

Well seeing that i can't really drive at this time (hurt foot) i'm becoming more creative with my gf's replay videos. After dinner tonight she had full reign on RFactor and GTL without me asking to "move over"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back