1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever have intellectual slumps?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohameddo-san, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I have them at least once every month. During those slumps, I make simple grammatical errors, my sentence organisation is not so organised, I lack my usual witty humour, I don't really say anything smart like I would if my mind was feeling relaxed and ready to blow others away, and I am not too much into studying when I am mentally weighed down.

2. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I got it just like you. Like sometimes English isn't making sense for me, when I feel the sentences are wrong and so on. It also goes out over my sim-racing. :frown:

3. I guess everyone has weak days:) Sometimes I'm a bit slow, usually when weather changes a lot. At the same time it happens that some simple words just don't come to my mind, or they do but in another language than what I need. And it happened to me before, that I spent too much time on english sites (mainly RD:)), and I accidentally spoke in english word order, and that sounded funny lol.
    But thank God it doesn't really happen often, and when I notice it I do against it. Drink coffee, black tea, effervescent tablets (main thing is magnesium/B vitamine in this case), and try to sleep more for next day:)

4. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

In Norwegian, "det" means the. So I often write the instead of "det". And that sounds a little bit weird. :D

5. Sounds like you're having your period XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Whenever i drink beer

• Like Like x 1
  7. LOL !

8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I did at work on Friday. I managed to make the wrong order for a customer twice in a row. Not good,

9. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I have them daily. Normally when I get bored at work and my brain just goes to sleep :)

10. That was my bill too! it was a bad day for everyone that day.

11. I get them at home, which is really annoying. Get them on math tests too sometimes...

• Like Like x 1
  12. And that's only after a sip! :p;)