• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Do you ever have intellectual slumps?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +605
    I have them at least once every month. During those slumps, I make simple grammatical errors, my sentence organisation is not so organised, I lack my usual witty humour, I don't really say anything smart like I would if my mind was feeling relaxed and ready to blow others away, and I am not too much into studying when I am mentally weighed down.

2. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Ratings:
    +660
    I got it just like you. Like sometimes English isn't making sense for me, when I feel the sentences are wrong and so on. It also goes out over my sim-racing. :frown:

3. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    I guess everyone has weak days:) Sometimes I'm a bit slow, usually when weather changes a lot. At the same time it happens that some simple words just don't come to my mind, or they do but in another language than what I need. And it happened to me before, that I spent too much time on english sites (mainly RD:)), and I accidentally spoke in english word order, and that sounded funny lol.
    But thank God it doesn't really happen often, and when I notice it I do against it. Drink coffee, black tea, effervescent tablets (main thing is magnesium/B vitamine in this case), and try to sleep more for next day:)

4. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Ratings:
    +660
    In Norwegian, "det" means the. So I often write the instead of "det". And that sounds a little bit weird. :D

5. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx

Ratings:
    +510
    Sounds like you're having your period XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    Whenever i drink beer

• Like Like x 1
  7. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,277
    LOL !

8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    I did at work on Friday. I managed to make the wrong order for a customer twice in a row. Not good,

9. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Ratings:
    +340
    I have them daily. Normally when I get bored at work and my brain just goes to sleep :)

10. Pauline Collins

Pauline Collins

Ratings:
    +96
    That was my bill too! it was a bad day for everyone that day.

11. Eric Stranne

Eric Stranne

Ratings:
    +395
    I get them at home, which is really annoying. Get them on math tests too sometimes...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pauline Collins

Pauline Collins

Ratings:
    +96
    And that's only after a sip! :p;)