• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Do you care about the quality of the movies you watch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +605
    Yes, I do.

I have a Blu-Ray drive that has read/write/rewrite functionality and Windows does not support playback for BD movies, so I had to buy this software:

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/?icn=eStore&ici=TMT-Home-List-Click

This software is better than VLC media player; it plays Blu-Ray in HD and 3D, and, it even upscales my DVDs.

I can now watch movies in full HD and vivid colour. I don't have to worry about buying a Blu-Ray player.

I might rent a movie today.

EDIT - If this needs to be moved to the technology subforum, then, go ahead.

2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,196
    I think it's better off in the technology sub, so I've moved it. :)

Then again, I really take care when it comes to the quality of the movies I'm watching. Hell, I skipped several Blurays because they weren't in 1080p. Yet, I do enjoy watching a VHS or DVD from time to time, especially older movies.

Tom

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mapu

Mapu

Ratings:
    +519
    short answer: yes :p

4. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    yes i only watch movies in HD these days, unless they are old classics, like Gladiators for instance :D