• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Do you care about the quality of the movies you watch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohamedou Ari, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium

Ratings:
    +605
    Yes, I do.

I have a Blu-Ray drive that has read/write/rewrite functionality and Windows does not support playback for BD movies, so I had to buy this software:

http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/?icn=eStore&ici=TMT-Home-List-Click

This software is better than VLC media player; it plays Blu-Ray in HD and 3D, and, it even upscales my DVDs.

I can now watch movies in full HD and vivid colour. I don't have to worry about buying a Blu-Ray player.

I might rent a movie today.

EDIT - If this needs to be moved to the technology subforum, then, go ahead.

2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,196
    I think it's better off in the technology sub, so I've moved it. :)

Then again, I really take care when it comes to the quality of the movies I'm watching. Hell, I skipped several Blurays because they weren't in 1080p. Yet, I do enjoy watching a VHS or DVD from time to time, especially older movies.

Tom

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mapu

Mapu

Ratings:
    +519
    short answer: yes :p

4. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    yes i only watch movies in HD these days, unless they are old classics, like Gladiators for instance :D