1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Do wipers cause wind resistance?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mike Coleman, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I've been wondering this for a long time: Will turning on your wipers while going down a straight at 170mph cause any wind resistance?

I know in real life it would, but does the game simulate it?

2. Actually that's one thing i was wondering about too but i doubt the game simulates it:).

3. Short answer, no... :wink2:

4. Long answer, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :wink2:

Even in real life wipers wont make a huge difference to the airflow over the car i wouldn't think, hence why it wouldn't be a feature in a game. That and if they were moving it would probably have to make a load of calculations depending on their speed and position.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Pretty good question, didnt know that either, and i was wondering the same for a very long time.
    All the :poop: that birds drop on my window will that slow the car down? It should seeing the enormous amount they dump during a race :D

6. with the amount of crap they drop there is probaly a need of barge boards to get the air clean move over the window .... ofc you will have to hold now your head outside the window that couses more dirty air so you need to put on more of these barge boards :p

7. Then don't put your wipers on you will lost 0,0000000000000000000000000000000001 per lap :rotfl:

But seriously wipers dont going to make you slower in that game.

8. It's got the have some sort of effect in real life if manufactures have the wipers stopped in the veritcal position :p

9. its better for the airflow and reduce from 2 wipers down to 1 wiper in center position helps too :p

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Having a dirty car should make the fuel consumption a little bit higher, though.

By the way, for a new game featuring endurance races, that would be an idea to implement. A dirt build up on the car just like we have on the windscreen.

Would be good for immersion, wouldn't it?

11. for sure that would be great

12. I hope you realize those are dead bugs, not bird droppings.

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Are you sure they're dead?

Sometimes, they can be really big, those bugs :)

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If that are bugs then i hit bugs the size of birds lol :)

15. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Splat X10 :rotfl: :D