1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Do we really need an official Ferrari license?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by BanjoMaster, Nov 14, 2012.

1. *BEFORE ANYONE GETS EXCITED, THE SHOTS BELOW ARE NOT KUNOS' SCREENSHOTS*

Going back to the official Ferrari license thing, do we really need one when modding teams like RMT can produce stuff like this (not confirmed they'll bring WSGT2 to AC yet, but I'd be very surprised and very, very disappointed if they didn't :cry:) ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Give me the above with the proper noises at Monza and I'm a happy man for a long, long time :thumbsup: Who needs Kunos splashing out on the official license???

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If all the modders delivered the same top quality as Arnold Wong, then no we dont :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Im just wiping my chin.
    They are awesome!:thumbsup:

4. excuse me but is it "official" ?
    ferrari will be in assetto ?

and how can you say that we don't need official license...
    then we don't need any official licence ... modders can do that job , is that you means ?
    i think we need official license , because some modders team do great job but i think kunos will do better than modders... don't you think ?

sorry for my very bad english

5. Søren Mogensen

Søren Mogensen
    MadCape Racing

No we don't need a Ferrari license, but it would be so awesome if AC have licensed Ferraris

6. I don't really care about Ferraris, I'm more of a Lamborghini guy. hehe :p
    But really, since this game allows modding, I doubt there won't be a Ferrari mod soon after it's release. Or several for that matter.

7. Looking at the pics I posted, I'd say that the cream of the crop will match developers' original output visually at least. I think in this case Arnold Wong is a pro in his own right. Sound-wise, again I'd say that the best can match or beat original output.

The developers will obviously have access to more data from manufacturers than modders at first, which will make the physics part easier, but I wouldn't discount the ability and dedication of the committed 'hobbyist' in researching such data themselves and producing results just as accurate and satisfying.

And no, I don't believe that this thread suggests that all licensed content is redundant. It's just that I suspect any Ferrari license would be hugely expensive for Kunos - a small, self-funded team remember - and probably come with a million strings attached. Not a problem for a mod team (yet...)!

I can't wait to see what they do with the 458 cockpit after the Zonda shots have come out, as now they'll know how high they can aim :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. ok i see what you mean ;)

for the only probleme with licensing ferrari is the price...
    i prefere that kunos put money in the laserscanned track green hell laserscan:inlove:) or license of brand less expensive (nissan , mazda ,toyota ,renault ,VW...)
    but if they could give us a F430GTC i'll be very very happy (or a 458)

once again sorry for my bad english...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agree 101% :thumbsup:

10. Everything has been explained by Søren

XN-Sigma @ No offense to the modders but aren't you afraid to put them on a par with Ferrari's crew that can supply a lot more information (cad and other stuff...) about their cars? Right, AC is friendly for the modders but it's not the point

11. Bram

Bram

There are more ways to get (un)official data to build modded cars then only via the Ferrari factory. It's all about having the right contacts and some of the modding teams have very good reliable contacts with people in the motorsport industry so I don't worry about that really :).

12. I´d prefer Kunoz doing it with Ferrari directly. Can´t beat that really.

458 Challenge please, (or 458 GT3)......well any Ferrari really :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Isn't there a Ferrari in the game already or am i tripping?

14. It´s a pseudo-Ferrari.
    Don´t get me wrong it´s a nice Ferrari but it´s not a "true" Ferrari.
    Glickenhaus got a specially made car for him based on an Enzo, he then wanted go racing so they took a F430 and put the same body on that.
    It´s not supported by Ferrari from what i´ve heard. Or at least not anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's a difference between made in italia and made in china anyway.

17. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Still, always nice to have first hand data from factory in the official game cars.

18. Bram

Bram

Absolutely true, but not at all costs, thats what I meant to say :)

19. It would be a nice addition.

20. Søren Mogensen

Søren Mogensen
    MadCape Racing

• Like Like x 2