Do we really need an official Ferrari license?

*BEFORE ANYONE GETS EXCITED, THE SHOTS BELOW ARE NOT KUNOS' SCREENSHOTS*

Going back to the official Ferrari license thing, do we really need one when modding teams like RMT can produce stuff like this (not confirmed they'll bring WSGT2 to AC yet, but I'd be very surprised and very, very disappointed if they didn't :cry:) ?

396515_357247744293793_254971542_n.jpg

418663_358078950877339_530498045_n.jpg

Give me the above with the proper noises at Monza and I'm a happy man for a long, long time :thumbsup: Who needs Kunos splashing out on the official license???

excuse me but is it "official" ?
ferrari will be in assetto ?

and how can you say that we don't need official license...
then we don't need any official licence ... modders can do that job , is that you means ?
i think we need official license , because some modders team do great job but i think kunos will do better than modders... don't you think ?

sorry for my very bad english

I don't really care about Ferraris, I'm more of a Lamborghini guy. hehe :p
But really, since this game allows modding, I doubt there won't be a Ferrari mod soon after it's release. Or several for that matter.

and how can you say that we don't need official license...
then we don't need any official licence ... modders can do that job , is that you means ?
i think we need official license , because some modders team do great job but i think kunos will do better than modders... don't you think ?

Looking at the pics I posted, I'd say that the cream of the crop will match developers' original output visually at least. I think in this case Arnold Wong is a pro in his own right. Sound-wise, again I'd say that the best can match or beat original output.

The developers will obviously have access to more data from manufacturers than modders at first, which will make the physics part easier, but I wouldn't discount the ability and dedication of the committed 'hobbyist' in researching such data themselves and producing results just as accurate and satisfying.

And no, I don't believe that this thread suggests that all licensed content is redundant. It's just that I suspect any Ferrari license would be hugely expensive for Kunos - a small, self-funded team remember - and probably come with a million strings attached. Not a problem for a mod team (yet...)!

I can't wait to see what they do with the 458 cockpit after the Zonda shots have come out, as now they'll know how high they can aim :thumbsup:

ok i see what you mean ;)

for the only probleme with licensing ferrari is the price...
i prefere that kunos put money in the laserscanned track green hell laserscan:inlove:) or license of brand less expensive (nissan , mazda ,toyota ,renault ,VW...)
but if they could give us a F430GTC i'll be very very happy (or a 458)

once again sorry for my bad english...

There are more ways to get (un)official data to build modded cars then only via the Ferrari factory. It's all about having the right contacts and some of the modding teams have very good reliable contacts with people in the motorsport industry so I don't worry about that really :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back