PC1 Do people set assists to REAL?

ABS is not forced, neither is TC, thats why there are toggle buttons.

pCARS simulates stability control in road cars which afaik AC does not so you need to be sure to have a toggle for that too if you want drive a road car without any assists.

I know they have ABS. I meant ABS in other cars, like the Mclaren F1. I know I didn't express myself correctly on that post, but what I want to say is that it gives you EXTRA assistance. And it just has one level of TC, either completely on or off, unlike AC that simulates how much the TC interferes with your driving. But all of that is just based on my 6 hours of experience with this game (4 of those configuring it's FFB).
there are 15 levels of TC you just cant change them on the fly, its in the car setup screen. and no way the F1 has ABS, you must have your settings messed up

ABS is not forced, neither is TC, thats why there are toggle buttons.

pCARS simulates stability control in road cars which afaik AC does not so you need to be sure to have a toggle for that too if you want drive a road car without any assists.
What I'm saying is when I set the assists to off, I shouldn't get any assistance, but I still get it in PCars. Along with some reports of traction control in the ford mk iv with real assists, I guess their off are their "real" settings.

With the TC as permitted on the GT3 cars. I bet if it was off he couldn't put the pedal on the floor.

Actually, he could. Racing TC is not as invasive as what's on street cars. Racing TC does allow for some amount of slip (which is how you configure it in pCARS) which his what racing drivers want. So there is still some squirm before TC does anything. If you didn't see any squirm or hear the throttle stutter (which I didn't) then TC wasn't kicking in.

Actually, he could. Racing TC is not as invasive as what's on street cars. Racing TC does allow for some amount of slip (which is how you configure it in pCARS) which his what racing drivers want. So there is still some squirm before TC does anything. If you didn't see any squirm or hear the throttle stutter (which I didn't) then TC wasn't kicking in.
But I doubt he could do this 100% of the race with no TC.

We just don't know.

The Nissan has a very sophisticated TC system, from what I have read.

With the TC as permitted on the GT3 cars. I bet if it was off he couldn't put the pedal on the floor.

TC isn't an option in GT3 (or GT2 when it ran). It is mandatory and can't be turned off. It's why I get a little annoyed in AC when people toggle off TC in GT races to get faster lap times. I'm a purist in that sense, unless a car as adjustable TC settings in real life, it stays on for me.

• Deleted member 113561

TC isn't an option in GT3 (or GT2 when it ran). It is mandatory and can't be turned off. It's why I get a little annoyed in AC when people toggle off TC in GT races to get faster lap times. I'm a purist in that sense, unless a car as adjustable TC settings in real life, it stays on for me.
In Project CARS in Rain its a significant disadvantage to turn off TC, aswell as ABS. So people will tend to use RL-Aids. In dry its an advantage.
[Edit:]You can set TC though to 15 (max) and youre nearly running without it. Thats a good way to componsate forced TC and a way to adjust the TC to your likings. Also you can just turn it down for the race (but not during) if you know there is rain comming.

Also if you report that you got TC Online even you set under Gameplay all Assists off, remember that the host can force you to drive with Real Driving Aids. Further its also possible that you actually pressed the button wheter you can switch ABS (or TC or ESP) on or off on the fly.

I also wanna add to the whole discussion:
People always say they play racing sims (etc.) but actually do not drive with real life assists. So in the end theyre not driving pure sim. And in the very end they complain that some games suddenly have too much grip..... Thats really annoying. Mr. Hengeveld finally prooved that what you thought is unrealistic, is actually realistic.

Greez :D

P.s People calling this simcade make me upset, because 99% of them never have driven the cars in the game under those conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also wanna add to the whole discussion:
People always say they play racing sims (etc.) but actually do not drive with real life assists. So in the end theyre not driving pure sim. And in the very end they complain that some games suddenly have too much grip..... :D

I agreed with your point about "racing sims". As I stated previously, I would love to drive the sim with the same real life assists. That is a racing sim "purist".

What did you dislike about ALL my posts. The fact that I'm old and joke about it? Or the fact that I turn assists off? I just turn them off because I don't know which cars have assists in real life and which don't.

re: your disagreement with me in pCars

pCars is a simcade - my opinion.

Tracks are easier. I compared Hockenheim and Laguna Seca to R3E tracks. I'll upload the video comparison to youtube eventually. pCars tracks were wider in some corners and easier to drive. I don't know which track is more accurate. pCars tracks are almost glassy smooth. They don't have the small bumps that can affect handling, or send a jolt through the steering wheel that can affect steering. And any sim/simcade game in rain, is gonna make driving that much more difficult. It's not just isolated to pCars. I'm not saying I'll drive faster in pCars because it's alittle more like an arcade game.

R3E, pCars, iRacing, Rfactor2, AC...they're all different sims/simcade. You choose which one to play due to PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Have fun in the pCars simcade. I like pCars whenever I want some easy driving arcade fun. It has some great features.

And finally RELAX. No need to get (as you stated) "upset". It's my opinion and not life altering. Enjoy your simcade. I do.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

What did you dislike about ALL [3 in this thread and 1 in another thread] my posts. The fact that I'm old and joke about it? Or the fact that I turn assists off? I just turn them off because I don't know which cars have assists in real life and which don't.
My problem with you is: You call this game Simcade and the arguments for that you call it like this.
Youre not even seeing the good sides of this game - its just about bashing. Im pretty sure youre not even thinking, that maybe, you have a wrong idea of reality.

I make an example:
  • "no tire squealing" - You think that you can here the tire squealing in a DTM car. Guess what: Wrong. The car is just way too loud (check onboard videos of the DTM).
  • "but the track itself seemed easier to drive (less turning in corners)" - what has one with the other in common? Right = Nothing
  • "felt/heard the oversteer" - yes i can hear oversteer in DTM cars - NOT! ... you can hear it only when you crash with it (then you hear the impact!)
  • "Admittedly, I have optmized R3E and I was only in pCars for about half an hour and need to change fov, force feedback, and audio settings." - okay 1.5h and not even set up the game properly and so judging the game then .... aha that says it all. And im pretty sure you drove a DTM car in real life under racing conditions (right tires, tires up to temps, race day rubber on track, raceday setup ... etc.)
Sry for the ironic / sarcastic parts.
People that write stuff like this i really hate.

In this thread you call the game Simcade, in another one you call it Arcade, even you have no permission to judge that, because youre no real racing driver.

Ps. Little hint: Im not a fanboy. I just see things more objective.

"hate" is a really strong word...
Sry sometimes when my "rage"-train starts i say straight what i think.

Late Postedit:
Tracks are easier........pCars tracks were wider in some corners and easier to drive. I don't know which track is more accurate.
You just disqualified your own opinion!

AC, R3E and iRacing do not even have rain.

Guess what youre out of valid arguments - so all arguments you used to pin that PCARS is a simcade failed and are not valid --- *facepalm* or as Einstein would say it:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with you is: You call this game Simcade. And what your arguments are for this game.
Youre not even see the good sides of this game - its just about bashing. Im pretty sure youre not even thinking that maybe you have a wrong imagination/presentation (i mean not fantasy) of reality.
I make an example:
  • "no tire squealing" - You think that you can here the tire squealing in a DTM car. Guess what: Wrong. The car is just way too loud (i double checked).
  • "but the track itself seemed easier to drive (less turning in corners)" - what has one with the other in common? Right = Nothing
  • "felt/heard the oversteer" - yes i can hear oversteer in DTM cars - NOT! ... you can hear it only when you crash with it (then you hear the impact!)
  • "Admittedly, I have optmized R3E and I was only in pCars for about half an hour and need to change fov, force feedback, and audio settings." - okay 1.5h and not even set up the game properly and so judging the game then .... aha that says it all. And im pretty sure you drove a DTM car in real life under racing conditions (right tires, tires up to temps, race day rubber on track, raceday setup ... etc.)
Sry for the ironic / sarcastic parts.
People that write stuff like this i really hate.

In this thread you call the game Simcade, in another one you call it Arcade, even you have no permission to judge that, because youre no real racing driver. I hate such people.

Ps. Little hint: Im not a fanboy. I just see thing more objective.

Getting upset about someone else's opinion about an initial impression - feels like fanboyism to me.
Being objective is to state your opinion in response to someone else's opinion- not bashing them.
Did you jump in your real DTM car to check whether you could hear the tires squealing ("you checked")?
Have you read my follow up posts about pCars?
I setup the sim according to my personal preference (including audio), just like how you setup your force feedback according to your personal preference.
I like pCars after setting up the ffb, fov. it's like any other game. It has a different feel. Some like it. Some don't. I'm guessing from your statements that you liked every single driving game you played.

Wow, going through ALL my posts and disliking them? Seriously....*facepalm*

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back