1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do last years setups work in F1 2012?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Jonathan Schneider, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Simply, do F1 2011 setups work for 2012 at all? I have no talent for setting a car up, and there's not much in the way of 2012 setups posted so far, so I was wondering if using 2011 setups would be effective at least until more setups are avaliable.
  2. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Some do, some don't. Brake balance needs to be changed from what I've seen, gearing as well.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

That is so not true :) Its not willing to invest time in learning the basics of car handling most of the time. People too early say I can't do this while they actually mean: i don't understand how to setup a car.

Have a read through this document and I am sure that you are already one step closer in becoming your own engineer :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I tried a Melbourne setup for my Toro Rosso, only managed 1.29:xxx. Slightly faster than my 1.30:5xx on my own setup, but only good enough for 18th on expert difficulty
  5. Related question to anyone who already got the game: Are setups still 'pre-adjusted' for the track, meaning that you don't actually have to run low downforce at Monza or high downforce at Monaco because the game already sets the basic setup of the car and you only have to change it according to your personal preferences?
  6. 2011 setups do not work with 2012. At least not for me.
  7. I'll report the same. Camber/Toe seem to be much stronger in this year's version and spring rates seem to have much greater effect on the car if not balanced well.
  8. No the handling has been deeply overhauled. New setups will be required.
  9. Handling has inproved significantly. Overdriving the car will cost you dearly; nice and smooth produces consistent lap times.
  10. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

I've had luck with my Brazil setup, for example. Changed a bit here and there and it's working ok'ish, 1:11.472. A lot slower than 2011 but still a bit quicker than Legend AI. Might rework them all, tho.