1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

do I buy the game?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by ketendinho, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hi everyone, im new here. I have f12010 but i didnt bought f12011.

Now Im thinking on buying f12012, BUT... I have seen 2349234829842934823948 topics on forums complaining about savegames disappearing/getting corrupted etc. Obviously I think that makes the game unplayable.

I couldn´t find anywhere if that bug if solved or it isn´t. So, please. can someone WHO HAD that bug confirm that now is fixed with the patches???

I remark that I need the feedback from one who had that bug...

Thank you very much guys :)

2. ketendinho The save game bug was fixed in one of the 12 patches and if any one still having that then by disabling steam cloud storage will do the trick. So I suggest you to buy this game and enjoy

3. sure Kartik Sri Harsha ?? I mean, I found maaany posts of this bug, but its true that they all have dates from september/october.

But I tried to find something like "save game fixed" and really nothing found...

did you have the bug before patches came out??

thank you!

4. ketendinho Yes mate i had two of my profiles corrupted due to the steam cloud storage
    Now i'm running two profiles at the same time one for Online and other for Modded career no problems at all.
    I have the problem before Patch 5 or 6 (I can't say correctly as CM release patches after patches at a Rapid Pace :) )

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

6. ty very much dudes!

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Kartik Sri Harsha gave you a good hint also, about disabling the Steam Cloud for this game. It has caused more problems than it's worth.

In Steam > Right Click on F1 2012 and select 'Properties' > Updates Tab > Deselect 'Enable Steam Cloud ......"

If you want to back up your game profile manually. Then you need to make a copy of your profile folder :-

YourSteamInstallDrive\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxx\208500

xxxxxxx = Your Steam ID number
    208500 = The F1 2012 profile folder.

Alternatively, use GameSave Manager 3 manually, or use it's scheduling feature to back up the F1 2012 data (and many other games), at regular intervals.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

• Like Like x 1