F1 2012 DLC likely? or no...?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Not sure if this has been denied or raised to question for CM, but do you guys think DLC will be likely? or no...?

I'd really love to see a DLC from CM. Extra tracks (for 2013 season) and car/driver profile updates for the end of the season (add in the data of the 2012 champion... alonso? kimi? hamilton? webber? vettel?).

Post-release updates/patches are absolutely :poop: , and there are only like... 1 or 2 after release, I'd pay for the update, but will CM even bother releasing a DLC~ :unsure:

Why would you "love" to see a DLC I wonder? I rather have a game that has everything in place from the beginning. and charges me one time for a good prize instead of paying the full prize for 70% of the actual game content and than at a later stage add another 30% of the prize for the remaining content as a DLC ;)

Yes I know, I am getting old :roflmao:

• Deleted member 90535

I hate DLC's. The only acceptable way to release them is when the are free. Recently, some people found that a new Mass Effect 3 DLC is going to change ending a little again (additional dialogues). If I have to pay 10$ to see the full ending, than something is wrong. Not to mention that DLC's are almost always cut from the original game (you are getting for example 80% of the game, but you have to pay full price). The only studio that has good DLC policy is CD Projekt RED (creators of The Witcher series). They release them for free :) I still remember those big expansion to TES IV, that were worth the price. I'm probably getting old too:D

But we know that they're not going to release a 100% game to us. We can tell from F1 2011. However, I do want a full ending anyhow, because I am so bored out of F1 2011, I need more stuff to play with. F1 2011 doesn't last a full year~

It'd be a good idea, BUT only IF CM had fixed their handicap with making a game full of bugs. Since this isn't the case it'll probably not be a good thing to have these DLC's because then they aren't giving 100% focus to the F1 2012 game as it most likely will have enough bugs added to it. SPOILER: New features brings New Bugs, as for the Braking bias will give extra bugs, added to the amount of unbelievable stupid penalty's given. I won't even continue. This closes my report :p

JV

I think I saw in one of the dev interviews, that as the game becomes more integrated with RaceNet, they are thinking about downloadable challenges, but it's not on the cards for this year.

I would be nice to see this expand into downloadable DRS zone updates, car models, and car setups etc. It probably won't happen, but we can dream.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%