1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diy Hydraulic pedal build

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Zach Hultstrand, Jun 3, 2014.

1. hey guys i am currently planning on how to build a pedal set. that way it can be how i like them. Here is my parts list so far

Senders: ​

There are still some things im choosing like:
    • Braided, steel, or brass line.
    • Should i use bushings or springs on the slaves.
    • hall effect(i have never used one before) or pot sensor.
    • and is there is anyway to make the clutch feel like when you have a pressure plate fully engaged.
    Im wondering with the board i have choose what is the highest psi sensor i can run? and what are the Benefits to running a higher sensor. how many sensors could i run off one board. if i can run more then 4 pressure sensors could i make a hydraulic hand brake off the same and add some buttons and switches. would i need external power for all of that. thank you guys

Zach

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

If the sensor needs amplification like a normal loadcell needs.
    You can run only 1 channel with a amp.
    If those sensors run in the same range as potentiometers you would be able to do 8.
    But i suspect you needs channel amplification for the signals.

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am also eyeing a diy pedal project. I go an email from DSD for the newest batch of his pedals. I would go that route but I have fallen hard for the Tilton Pedals and would like to use those instead.

If I can't make my own set then I may try getting some HPP pedals.

4. i think the sam sensors runs the same as potentiometers and the meas spec runs amped on the big block so you can have 1 meas spec on the amp and 5 pots/sam sensors on the 3 pin connections, i got on mine 1 pot 2 sam sensors (1 for clutch, 1 for handbrake) and the meas spec in the big block.

5. i have looked at almost all of them. i really like the hpp and the arc pedals. are the dsd pedals hydraulic? I looked at using the tiltons but the price. is alot more. i also looked at are alot more. but i might. and try make this my last pedal set i ever need other them maintenance. does any one know about what sensor to use on my throttle pedal? and if i can use the non load cell amp board can i run more buttons off the same board?

What do you mean i dont quite understand this 3ller. does this mean i need a load cell amp for my pressure sensors? or can i use the board i chose?

6. the one you put on the first link is good, or the derek speare ones are good too, i use a derek one, the big green block i where you connect the meas spec sensor and on the 3 pin connector connect the pots and the other sensor the ebay ones

• Like Like x 1
  7. now should i use a pot or a hall effect on the throttle. also i have noticed that most of the hydraulic pedals out there dont use a slave. is that a better design?