DIY F1 wheel RB mod

After watching many people on this site making some beautiful wheels decided to make one by myself.Speaking in Top Gear words-well,how hard can it be?
Carbon fibre ,10 push buttons,knitter switches for gears, potentiometers for cluch,2 rotary encoders,where the "horns" are,4 rotary switches with removed limiters redone to work as encoders on front plate, 1 rotary switch, 2 leds, connected to toggle switches, electrical quick release
9.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 1,316
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 1,503
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Image1832.jpg
    Image1832.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Image1866.jpg
    Image1866.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 1,538
Looks like a butterfly, awesome design. You really have eye for tuning. This is true futuristic model. Which wheel you can plug in?
Well,thank You,but it is not that futuristic at all. It is based on RED BULL 2009 actual F1 racing wheel. Since then they have changed some bits and pieces added some buttons and switches,but the overall shape remains the same . And it is made for Thrustmaster T500 RS
2.sport.jpg

Upvote 0
Cleaning the lens so you could make a proper photo of such a masterpiece was more difficult?
Looks great.. as far as i can see ;)
There is nothing to do with dirty lenses or "make an effort and clean them". Pictures been taken by 5 years old Nokia 6700 in my garage. And You can use such sarcasm in the pub,speaking to Your friends while having a drink or two.but not to people You dont actually know.I`m sorry if these pictures are too blurry for Your eyesight but I didnt really force You to watch them . It is all about choices-if You dont like them,they are too foggy for You-You can always go and do something else. Or ask politely(which is common for self-respecting people)-would you make better quality pictures, I cant see a thing . Instead You have chosen to spit poison.Over the weekend I`m going to upload some pictures of making the wheel and they been taken by the same old Nokia ,so to prevent You and maybe someone else from getting sore eyes, nausea,headache,morning sickness,the black plaque and God knows what else,please,stay away. And sorry again for giving You hard time watching these last century pictures.Hope that You will not need to make extra trip to Vision Express.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im sorry i offende
There is nothing to do with dirty lenses or "make an effort and clean them". Pictures been taken by 5 years old Nokia 6700 in my garage. And You can use such sarcasm in the pub,speaking to Your friends while having a drink or two.but not to people You dont actually know.I`m sorry if these pictures are too blurry for Your eyesight but I didnt really force You to watch them . It is all about choices-if You dont like them,they are too foggy for You-You can always go and do something else. Or ask politely(which is common for self-respecting people)-would you make better quality pictures, I cant see a thing . Instead You have chosen to spit poison.Over the weekend I`m going to upload some pictures of making the wheel and they been taken by the same old Nokia ,so to prevent You and maybe someone else from getting sore eyes, nausea,headache,morning sickness,the black plaque and God knows what else,please,stay away. And sorry again for giving You hard time watching these last century pictures.Hope that You will not need to make extra trip to Vision Express.

Very sorry if i offended you. Truly was not my intention.
But this is close to overreacting, come on...
Actually was very impressed with your result.
Many wheel modders post their creation long before they even started the project.
You made a really great professional looking piece of hardware.
Good luck to you!

Upvote 0
Im sorry i offende

Very sorry if i offended you. Truly was not my intention.
But this is close to overreacting, come on...
Actually was very impressed with your result.
Many wheel modders post their creation long before they even started the project.
You made a really great professional looking piece of hardware.
Good luck to you!
That`s all right,no offence taken.Thank You! There will bee hi-res pictures as well

Upvote 0
Great work, man, excellent :thumbsup:

I'm working too with my F1 project, you can see progress here
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-wheel-for-logitech-g27.75036/

As I saw we both used same quick release mechanism. I have question about it...
I tried to drill it, (for G27), but couldn't done, metal is too hard.

how U done this, how you cut it? U used Angle grinder?
I haven`t drilled any holes on this particular quick release actually,but I`ve done it on different ones with no any problems using stationery multi gear drilling machine-low RPM`s,sharp drill and it doesn`t even get hot. don`t know about hand drilling tools tough.Not sure we are talking about very same release b`cause the ones I`ve got are made of different materials-let`s say the male part is iron,female- aluminium so if You`re about cutting those 3 excessive bits with boltholes on female part it shouldn`t be a problem even using hand tools,but if You`re about to remove that six hole round edge on another end,the best bet ,of course,is milling machine,although there is a way around but you need that stationery drilling thing and bench grinder available .Sorry if it`s not very helpful .

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years