F1 2010 DIY F1 Cockpit (office desk F1 cockpit)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I love to see people who use a F1 replica car with some big screens at home to play F1 2010 or other F1 racing games. I can't afford to buy these items, nor do I have a free room or enough space at home. I play F1 2010 on my office desk, but I wanted to have a good-looking F1 cockpit, or something that comes near to the real thing.

So, I wrapped my wooden office desk with carbon look plastic and made some investments: an Auto Style racing seat (that has been mounted on an office desk chair base), a 32" led TV-screen and a handmade F1 racing wheel made by Zeljko Roso (mounted on a Logitech G27).

I am really happy with the result and very proud to add some pictures of my home office desk F1 cockpit. Furthermore I would like people who use a desk office or table to play F1 2010 and made their own DIY cockpit lookalike to post pictures of it. Maybe some of them can give me and others some new ideas to improve the looks.

Thanks!

F1ME01SM.jpg

F1ME02SM.jpg

F1ME03SM.jpg

@ Kemal Tasyaran

Looks great! You're lucky Alonso didn't catch the Championship title last year or you have to switch colors. Btw, I have some of the same shirts at home (Renault). But I have a bigger amount of clothes in Ferrari colors. :)

Logitech G27 dead zone

I've set the steering dead zone in the game to 0%, but still I am experiencing some kind of dead zone. Maybe it is the hardware of the Logitech G27 itself or maybe sombody has a solution to solve it?

I've played around with the linearity-% ingame, but can't get the little bit dead zone out of the Logitech G27 steering wheel. Anybody any suggestions?

I new that RD members would like to see the "Steptoe and Sons Pro Cockpit" adaption.
It consists of common household items and cheap 2nd hand purpose built acqustions.
Madcatz MC2 Wheel 15 Pounds Ebay
29 inch colour stero TV 20 ponds Cash Generator
Non Genuine Xbox compatible headset 5 Pounds
Used 15 gig Xbox hard drive 15 Pounds
Ironing Board-stock item
leg weights to stabilise Ironing Board-Stock Item.
PS I cant figure out how to load the photo yet!

I new that RD members would like to see the "Steptoe and Sons Pro Cockpit" adaption.
It consists of common household items and cheap 2nd hand purpose built acqustions.
Madcatz MC2 Wheel 15 Pounds Ebay
29 inch colour stero TV 20 ponds Cash Generator
Non Genuine Xbox compatible headset 5 Pounds
Used 15 gig Xbox hard drive 15 Pounds
Ironing Board-stock item
leg weights to stabilise Ironing Board-Stock Item.
PS I cant figure out how to load the photo yet!

you dirty old man

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years