Disappearing Conversation Threads

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anyone else is finding any of their private conversation threads disappearing this week. Started one with a mate on here on Monday and wondered why I had not recieved a reply but just noticed that the conversation is no longer amongst my conversations... also spotted that at least one other has also gone.

Any clues? Cheers.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you looking at the conversations page itself, or just the dropdown box when you hover over the Inbox link?

I believe Conversations are deleted only if all participants leave it, so not sure why they would disappear.
Unless they also disappear if everyone else left, not including yourself. That wouldn't be very logical though.

I can see all the convos I have had, or it looks like it, too many to really know.

But something that I have noticed is that I cannot see threads created by my ignored forum members are not shown in the topic lists. Maybe that can be fixed because some people's comments in it might be interesting.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but are you looking at the conversations page itself, or just the dropdown box when you hover over the Inbox link?

I believe Conversations are deleted only if all participants leave it, so not sure why they would disappear.
Unless they also disappear if everyone else left, not including yourself. That wouldn't be very logical though.
I am looking at the actual conversation threads and the conversations that have disappeared have just two participants neither of whom have left. Thanks for the response though.

You probably clicked the the "leave this conversation" link followed by "ignore future messages" by mistake. Thats the only reason how a message can disappear from your inbox.

Nothing here? http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/conversations/

Messages don't delete* themselves, that's for sure :)

(*unless you have been pm'ing with Ethan Hunt, his messages will self-destruct in five seconds)

Thats the problem though Bram, he has never seen it so can't reply. I posted it on Monday... saw it listed in the conversations so know it was there but got no reply and only realised yesterday when I was sent a message in another conversation thread that it had gone along with another we had. It's no biggie as long as it's not a recurring issue.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 399 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 269 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 316 13.0%