1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Dirty track dust causing fps drop?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by TeeVee, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Hello!

First of all, what a great product! Thanks!

On most tracks if i follow an AI and they drive off the ''clean'' racing line, it seams as though some dust or dirt is simulated. Somehow this doesn't look right and gives a huge fps drop (from a steady 61 fps to 20). Anybody has an idea of what might be wrong or how i can change this? Normal smoke like from locking up the tires when braking gives no problems at all... I tried changing the special effects setting but this didn't work.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

how do you mean "doesn't look right" . is there texture type problems? artifacts ? or is it your personal opinion that you think it shouldn't kick up dust?

I think its an awesome addition and works fine for me.

i see some car/tracks do seen to be suffer extreme FPS variance over other tracks. perhaps some optimization still needs doing to some cars/tracks?

3. I do think it is awesome, I'm just not sure if the dust should be this blocky... And I wish it didn't give me these huge fps drops. When a car goes off track and gravel or grass dust doesn't harm fps at all...

[​IMG]

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

Did you select a 16bit instead of 32 bit reolution in the GSC Config.exe?
    As it looks very dithered, it's supposed to a bit of haze, not loose pixels.
    16 bit actually renders slower than native 32bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks Richard! That worked! I had indeed selected 16 bit. With 32 bit it looks way better, like haze and only a 1fps drop! And I also gained 30fps at night, totally awesome! Thanks! :)

6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

Nice to hear it worked! Have fun!

7. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

good to hear you got it sorted :thumbsup: luv this Sim :inlove: