• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Dirty track dust causing fps drop?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by TeeVee, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TeeVee

TeeVee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

First of all, what a great product! Thanks!

On most tracks if i follow an AI and they drive off the ''clean'' racing line, it seams as though some dust or dirt is simulated. Somehow this doesn't look right and gives a huge fps drop (from a steady 61 fps to 20). Anybody has an idea of what might be wrong or how i can change this? Normal smoke like from locking up the tires when braking gives no problems at all... I tried changing the special effects setting but this didn't work.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +670
    how do you mean "doesn't look right" . is there texture type problems? artifacts ? or is it your personal opinion that you think it shouldn't kick up dust?

I think its an awesome addition and works fine for me.

i see some car/tracks do seen to be suffer extreme FPS variance over other tracks. perhaps some optimization still needs doing to some cars/tracks?

3. TeeVee

TeeVee

Ratings:
    +0
    I do think it is awesome, I'm just not sure if the dust should be this blocky... And I wish it didn't give me these huge fps drops. When a car goes off track and gravel or grass dust doesn't harm fps at all...

[​IMG]

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    Did you select a 16bit instead of 32 bit reolution in the GSC Config.exe?
    As it looks very dithered, it's supposed to a bit of haze, not loose pixels.
    16 bit actually renders slower than native 32bit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TeeVee

TeeVee

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Richard! That worked! I had indeed selected 16 bit. With 32 bit it looks way better, like haze and only a 1fps drop! And I also gained 30fps at night, totally awesome! Thanks! :)

6. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    Nice to hear it worked! Have fun!

7. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +670
    good to hear you got it sorted :thumbsup: luv this Sim :inlove: