DiRTy Pacenotes

DiRT Rally DiRTy Pacenotes 2.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have 22.05 kHz, 352.8 Kbps, 16 bits and it works fine. I think you can have any quality you like because it is uncompressed media format (no special codecs required).

I'm getting this error when starting DiRTy Pacenotes.exe:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "DiRTyPacenotes.py", line 1321, in <module>
File "DiRTyPacenotes.py", line 629, in __init__
File "ntpath.pyc", line 85, in join
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)

Any fix?

Last edited:
No I don't. Fresh install.
Can you tell me where did you unpack DiRTy Pacenotes app? Write down the path, please. This error might be occurring due to characters in the path not yet supported by the app. If there are any special characters in the path can you change the path name to something simple (without special characters) and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Can you tell me where did you unpack DiRTy Pacenotes app? Write down the path, please. This error might be occurring due to characters in the path not yet supported by the app. If there are any special characters in the path can you change the path name to something simple (without special characters) and see if that helps.
The path was
Code:
C:\Users\käyttäjä\Desktop\DiRTy Pacenotes
but I moved it to root folder of one of my hardrives and it works now. Thank you for your this amazing piece of software!

Just downloaded this and hope to try it out (being a co-driver myself). However, when I look through the sound files, I lack a few of them, the important ones being distance. How difficult is it to add new sounds, on top of the ones present in the current list? I'm likely to create a set of Swedish sound files, but before I start anything, I'd like to be sure that all the sounds I want are supported.

Just downloaded this and hope to try it out (being a co-driver myself). However, when I look through the sound files, I lack a few of them, the important ones being distance. How difficult is it to add new sounds, on top of the ones present in the current list? I'm likely to create a set of Swedish sound files, but before I start anything, I'd like to be sure that all the sounds I want are supported.
Hi, you can have just about any sound you like as long as they are recorded/encoded in .wav format. If you want to create your own co-driver (for example yourself) simply duplicate 'Nicky Grist' folder, rename it to your liking and replace his sound files with your own. Then open 'sounds.csv' (ideally in OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel) and edit it so there are names of your sound files instead of Nicky's. The first row contains names of categories. Save the file as csv and you are good to go!

If you want to add new sound just put it in 'co-drivers/{YOUR CO_DRIVER}/sounds' folder and add its name (without .wav extension) to the 'sounds.csv' file in one of the categories.

How do I get more than one UDP program to work at once? I have dirt telemetry installed and although I set the port to 10001 for both DRCP and Dirt Telemetry, only Dirt telemetry works.

And again I put this in the hardwaresettings.xml file thingy:
And both are using the same Port and IP
<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" delay="1" />

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years