DiRTy Pacenotes

DiRT Rally DiRTy Pacenotes 2.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
695/5000
Palo Samo, Thanks for responding. Two things:

1- If I change the port of my dashmeterpro, can I put any port ?. For example 20778/20779 ?. But if I change the hardware_config.xml file, your tool will no longer work because it works with port 20777. How do I do it? please help me.

2- I tried to make my own pacenote for Pant War and the tool closes. I have passed my pacenotes to .wav and in the .csv file I have named them without spaces ... and I can not make them work.
Sorry for being pushy, but it will be a great help for a video tutorial on how to use it.
That would be great friend ...
Well, I hope you enjoy your vacation, and I hope you help us ...
Regards!!

Palo Samo , great mod ! I`ve recorded all sounds like those on your folder -> Nicky Grist , my question is... can i just replace his sounds with mine , and replace them on his folder.Will it work? .If its to complicated i`ll wait you to return , for the video tutorial.Coz i`m messed even with your read-info file. Thanks in advance

Ze70R - You can replace his sounds but they need to have exactly the same names unless you change the sounds.csv file to match your filenames. Better idea is to follow the instructions in co-driver folder to create new co-driver. I will make a video tutorial next week.

danielwrc - 1. Change the port of DashMeterPro to 20778 and put this line in your hardware_settings.xml file:
<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20778" delay="1" />
After this you should have two lines of 'udp', one for DRCP (port 20777) and one for DashMeterPro (port 20778).
(You can also have another line with another port number for Telemetry Tool or something else).
danielwrc - 2. Pacenotes Editor (DRPE) has a bug which will be fixed next week. For now open your Pant Mawr.txt file in DRPE, go to Options and click Manual editing. Delete all white spaces after the comma for every distance (every line). Your pacenotes should work now :)

Palo Samo, again thank you for answering my doubts ... I will take a look to see what happens. Your tool has to see telemetry ???. I do not see anything, will it be that I have not configured the lines in the .xml file? Anyway, I'll wait for the video tutorial. I would like to know if I can pass my folders, pacenotes, sounds and the .csv for you to review. If you can, of course.
Why do I email you?
Thank you.

Thanks Palo Samo. I solved the conflict with the dashmeter pro. But I can not make my pacenotes work ... I do not know what it can be :cry::cry::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. I think I'll be looking forward to your video tutorial. As I continue to review what can be.
The time of the audios should be exactly like yours? Or can it have different duration?

danielwrc - your sounds can be of any length but they have to be in .wav format. Send me everything to palo.samo@gmail.com and I will have a look.
Ze70R - if you have replaced Nicky Grist's sounds with yours then it should work. But you have to replace the contents of 'data' folder because this is the working folder. I suggest duplicating Nicky Grist folder and renaming it to your liking. Then replace the sounds in this folder with your sounds. Copy folders 'sounds' and 'pacenotes' and file 'sounds.csv' from this folder and paste them into 'data' folder. It should be working now.

I had a look at your files and I could see that your .wav sounds are allright, however 'sounds.csv' file is not. It has to contain correct .wav filenames so you can use Pacenotes Editor properly. Also it doesn't have first column with categories. I fixed it for you.

Your Pant mawr.txt is also incorrect, because it has '40' at the first distance but your 'sounds' folder has not. It has to be 'p40' (because the sound file is named 'p40.wav'). Furthermore, from distance 234 there are no commas after the distance value.

These issues make DRCP sad and unable to work ;) I have fixed your files and send them back to you so you can see how it has to be done and so you can use it :) Good luck!

Palo Samo ... Thank you very much !!!!!. Today, as soon as I quit my job, I try it and tell you how it went. Thank you very much, thank you, infinite thanks for the good vibes, your time and for sharing all this.
A big hug friend!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many thanks Palo Samo, it worked !!! Now have patience and go metro by metro ...
Now to wait for updates to tool, to see if you can place the pacenotes more quickly, without editing too much.
But this is very interesting. I have only managed to do 1000 mts of pacenotes jejeje, and I take a lot ...
Greetings, thank you very much and I'm waiting for updates !!!
Do not forget the turorial video for all those who want to download this tool, since it costs a little to find the hand.
Hug, my friend!
:thumbsup:

Hello again Palo Samo , I did what you told me, and it didnt work.I do have same sounds names as Niky , I did copy them into data folder with pacenotes and sounds.csv then lunched the .exe (the exe says: Lunch Dirt rally second row waiting UDP on Ip .......and port...)All my sounds files are wav as Niky's.Where is my mistake?On Game I do turn down speech and then there is no sound speech at all?!Thanks for your help in advance.

Which stage do you run? Try Sweet Lamb and check if there is something going on in DRCP window (you should see distance changing as the car approaches start line) and you should only hear first line of pacenotes right after start.

Last edited:
Dear Palo. I have a problem. When you edit the Pant Mawr txt pacenotes file, it happens that the note that I place is overwritten or overheard with the new one. And if the delete of the sound folder, the tool crashes. It does not happen to me in all sectors of the stretch, but in some sectors. That is to say, as much as I change it in the pacenote .txt, the same is heard, I do not know how it is suppressed and why or where it is stored. I tried deleting temporary files, but nothing. I hope you can help me and how long before you have the tutorial, but I kill myself jejejejeje. It is that to hear the notes of marc plus the sound of the motor you put the hairs of tip jajajaja. From already thank you very much!!!.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 265 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 234 13.6%