DiRTy Pacenotes

DiRT Rally DiRTy Pacenotes 2.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Palo Samo submitted a new resource:

DiRT Rally Custom Pacenotes - Create your own custom pacenotes for DiRT Rally stages.

Despite most of the drivers knowing DiRT Rally stages by heart and DiRT4 on the horizon I decided to release a tool for creating your own customized pacenotes. There are two co-drivers to choose at the moment (Maciek Handwerker(PL) and Nicky Grist(GB)) but more can easily be added (if someone has sound files ready then it takes a couple of minutes to implement into DRCP).

After unpacking run DRCP.exe, launch DiRT Rally, set the Speech volume to 0 (sorry Paul) and fire up Sweet Lamb. You...

Read more about this resource...

So... I made pacenotes to one stage. When i open DRCP.exe, it says
Launch DiRT Rally
Waiting for initial UDP packet on ('127.0.0.1', 20777)
What should i do now? The DRCP.exe is in dirt rally folder. Dirt is running at the background

So... I made pacenotes to one stage. When i open DRCP.exe, it says
Launch DiRT Rally
Waiting for initial UDP packet on ('127.0.0.1', 20777)
What should i do now? The DRCP.exe is in dirt rally folder. Dirt is running at the background
Did you change 'hardware_settings_config.xml'?
Did you start the stage?
Did you make the pacenotes in the '../data/pacenotes' folder?

Last edited:
If you load any stage you should see current distance in the window.
Every time, when the game loads a stage, the DRCP.exe crashes. It shows the stage information (like name) and other things about 0.5seconds, and then it crashes. It means that the only problem is the crashing. It can read the game files and it knows when the game is running. I've tried to re-install it, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Does it crash with any stage? Sweet Lamb as well?

Reinstall won't help because the app is not installed on your system. I think there might be a problem with your sounds or the file sounds.csv. Make sure to put category name into 1st column, sound into 2nd, another sound into 3rd, etc. Another category starts in line 2.

Last edited:
Does it crash with any stage? Sweet Lamb as well?

Reinstall won't help because the app is not installed on your system. Maybe there is a typo in stages.csv file so when app compares the data to the ones send by game it crashes.
I tried Sweet Lamb, and it didn't crash :) It showed my distance. I think im gonna do pacenotes to sweet lamb now. Thanks man! :)

If the app crashes on your sweet lamb pacenotes then there is something wrong with your .wav sounds, sounds.csv file or I have included bugged Pacenotes Editor.jar :)

If the app crashes on your sweet lamb pacenotes then there is something wrong with your .wav sounds, sounds.csv file or I have included bugged Pacenotes Editor.jar :)
It doesn't crash. But how do i make the pacenotes? Just watch the distance from the DRCP.exe, and then, in DRPE, i put the right distance to little box, that says distance. Then select right sound file, and insert pacenote. Is that how you do it?

You can also use Telemetry Tool. Either way remember that when you click in Pacenote Editor's window the game pauses. So you might as well pause the game and write the distance from DRCP, exactly as you do now. Then choose commands or single pacenotes from the list to be read at that very distance. Click Insert Pacenote, and go to next distance. When you're done save your file and off you go!

Palo Samo, Hi, I wanted to congratulate you. It's a great tool !!!
Could you do a video tutorial on how to use it ?? Please!! I have many Marc Martí pacenotes that I created for the RBR and I would like to install them in the Dirt. I'm from Argentina, sorry for my English .. Do you speak Spanish ?, for better communication ...
Thanks and congratulations again !!
Tremendous work!

I don't speak Spanish, but you can use Google Translate ;) I'm on holidays atm so I can create a video tutorial after 19th of Feb at the earliest. The procedure is very easy and doesn't require installing anything.

Thanks for answering my friend !! I have tried it and with the patenotes it brings by default, but I only walk in a stretch of wales, and even half. Then he silenced.
What I really want is to put the notes and edits of Marc. Marti and I do not know how to do it !!. That's why I ask you for a video tutorial, for the whole community. Please!!!
I also wanted to tell you that I use dash meter pro, and when I use your tool, the dashmeter stops working ..., it creates conflict. See if you can solve it.
Your tool promises a lot. It's great, and I hope to learn how to use it ...
Video tutorial, please !!
Thank you very much.

To make DRCP work together with DashMeterPro you have to change port number of your DMPro in preferences.ini file and in hardware_config.xml of Dirt Rally. For now DRCP uses default value of 20777. It will be adjustable in future version of the app.

Now i made pacenotes to Sweet lamb, but DRCP crashes. What can be wrong with my sounds? or sounds.csv?
I am sorry, I have made a mistake and your pacenotes will not work with DRCP unless you delete the first white space after the comma in your pacenotes file (after every distance). I will fix this once I come back from my visit to my parents (after 20.02). I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back