Dirt Telemetry Tool - Cortextual's Version

DiRT Rally Dirt Telemetry Tool - Cortextual's Version 1.6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cortextual updated Dirt Telemetry Tool - Cortextual's Version with a new update entry:

Update 1.4

- Added ability to remove window borders.
- Added ability to force app to stay on top of other windows.
- Added trace option to G Ball.
- Fixed certain cars displaying “-” instead of “R” for reverse gear.
- Increased maximum revs to accommodate the high revs of certain cars in DiRT Rally 2.0.
-Reduced size of download. Embedded Java still makes it bigger than it potentially could be, but also avoids a lot of extra headaches.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cortextual updated Dirt Telemetry Tool - Cortextual's Version with a new update entry:

Update 1.5

- Added imperial / metric option.
- Changed rev meter calculation to use max revs info available in DR2, so it doesn’t need to figure out revs for each car, as it used to in DR. If it can’t get this info it will still have to work it out on the fly the first time you rev the engine. Requires extradata = 3 in hardwareconfig.xml
- Changed suspension sliders to adapt to each car in DR2. Should now provide an accurate range of compression and extension for all cars. If extradata=3 isn’t...

Update 1.6

Sorry for the frequent updates, a crash turned up that I have hopefully fixed now. I added some optional wheel lock indicators to make having to download it more palatable.

- Fixed occasional crash occurring when game was started before this app.
- Added Wheel Lock indicators.
- Tuned G Ball.
- Improved window dragging functionality in borderless mode.
- Tool should now retain previous run time, average / max speeds and distance after stage ends.

Update 1.6

Sorry for the frequent updates, a crash turned up that I have hopefully fixed now. I added some optional wheel lock indicators to make having to download it more palatable.

- Fixed occasional crash occurring when game was started before this app.
- Added Wheel Lock indicators. Extreme suspension compression is now coloured orange to differentiate from the red of the wheel lock indicators at a glance.
- Tuned G Ball.
- Improved window dragging functionality in borderless mode.
- Tool...

Update 1.6.1

- Added troubleshooting option to circumvent the new frame code for people who seem to be unable to get the app to run. If you have this issue please open the \data\settings file in notepad and change the last line to true instead of false, save the file and try running the app again. This will disable the borderless and always on top options, but currently I don't have a better solution.

@Cortextual I was poking around trying to modify the app a bit to swap the position of the Wheel and Pedals in full mode (leaving the wheel centered). And increasing the size of the wheel to make it the same height as the pedal indicators but it doesn't look like it's possible with the files included.

Would it be possible to add additional settings for position and sizes of the modules? Great app so far.

rally.png
?

This looks very promising. But, I have a couple of issues... firstly SimExperience won't work my SimVibe if this app is working as it reports only one app per output, port 1001. Can the port be changed? Some apps have a user changeable port? Also, running Borderless takes a FPS hit. Can this be made to work Fullscreen ? Or can it be made to output to another small screen? If so, could this be made to look and replicate a TerraTrip Rally Meter? I.E. TerraTrip 202 plus?

FPS monitor works on Fullscreen and doesn’t consume FPS. Are you able to implement the way they do? The main issue is the meters travelled are very small in comparison to the whole gauge. I'd like the meters to take up most of the gauge with times, clock and split times, if possible for a second player(navigator) to use while reading pace note.

Last edited:
HI all, i just found this app as seen it on a stream and went looking. Is there any way that I can modify the compact layout to add the suspension telemetry? I find there's a bit too much going on in full for me...

TIA

Hi. Thanks for the awesome tool.
I figured it would appropriate to share my experience with it in case this information is helpful to someone:

As there is quite limited information on using this telemetry tool over a network, I ran into some problems... namely that it didn't work after following my interpretation of the provided instructions.

What did work for me was:
  • Modifying the hardware_settings_config.xml (or hardware_settings_config_vr.xml if playing in VR) as indicated by Cortextual. However, rather than setting the IP to the address of the machine running the game, set it to the address of the machine running Dirt Telemetry Tool.
  • On the machine running DTT, editing the ...\data\connection.cfg file with the IP of that machine (not the one running DR2).
  • Ensuring DR2 is allowed through Windows Firewall.
  • Enabling the Dirt Telemetry Tool through the firewall didn't seem to work - it actually wants javaw.exe in ...\DiRT Telemetry Tool\java\bin. Windows may automatically ask you what to do with javaw.exe when running DTT for the first time after changing the IP from 127.0.0.1, or maybe not. For me, Windows behaved differently on two different computers.
Playing Dirt Rally 2.0 on a gaming laptop in VR, I've had to tweak many things to reach a point where crisp visuals, reasonable detail, and a good framerate are feasible while streaming. Oddly, the Dirt Telemetry Tool had a pretty significant impact on my GPU usage (particularly with spikes in frame times) so I was faced with the choice of running at a lower framerate, reducing in-game detail (undesirable as that leads to severely reduced visibility in weather), or figuring out how to make DTT work over the network.

Thanks again for your hard work in creating/adapting this tool and sorry for the essay, haha... I'm not by any means an expert at this type of thing, so I figured I'd share in case it can help someone else with similar performance restrictions who is also a little lost in attempting to achieve network functionality.

Last edited:
edit: Got this working again, the problem was probably in OBS.

Have anyone experienced PC freeze with this tool and Windows 11?

If I start telemetry tool and run DR2.0, my PC freezes and I have to reset.

I think the problem came with latest Win11 update. I'm using Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000.282. HW: 9700K, rtx2080ti, G27, GeForce driver ver. 496.13

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Update: Figured the problem was with OBS Studio, removing DTT from OBS sources and adding it again seems to have solved the problem.

Last edited:
Hey, Contextual! Does it suppose to work with Grid 2? I've been told it should, but I can't figure it out: there's no motion_platform parameter in Grid 2, I've tried adding it in the .xml config but telemetry doesn't catch any input.
Sorry for double posting! I've found the solution (see next post)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing