DiRT Rally RFPE Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not related to throttle management. The car simply refuses to turn, no matter how I use the gas.

It may be my driving but I'm into simracing from 20 years and it's quite strange I can't manage the first two corners in Col de Turini...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not related to throttle management. The car simply refuses to turn, no matter how I use the gas.

It may be my driving but I'm into simracing from 20 years and it's quite strange I can't manage the first two corners in Col de Turini...

Apart from the desired/correct tire and surface grip levels (Apart from the real values which are very difficult to calculate, it's also a thing of personal preferences, driving style and hardware/software settings . If you read the last "Know issues" section of the included documentation, you will see that there're certain problem related with surface physics interaction. Sometimes the grip get lost almost completelly, creating strange behaviour in the steering wheel. We will keep improving in the way we can. Thanks for testing!

I noticed that there was a Steam update late last night. Does this affect the mod at all?

On a related note – does anyone know how to disable Steam updates or how to play Dirt Rally without being connected to Steam?

I like the latest preview and I'm looking forward to 0.3, although sadly, I've noticed my game doesn't save FFB presets anymore (it used to a couple of patches ago!), so I can't use recommended RFPE settings. I have to fix this annoying problem first.

Even thoug, I was planing to wait for later iterations, 0.3 teaser looked so good that decided to try it now. And I think it it is awesome. Thanks taking out arcadish bits from original software. Now you actually must be technical in order to be fast, also mechanical damage is much more believable now. It was first time in my 60+ hours of play when I had to cross finish line in 50km/h, and I totally deserved it, because I crashed really bad, twice. Good to see that it is 0.3, because I think not only lest of the cars needs to be tweaked, but those which are already tweaked probably still needs tweaks.

My experience so far:

Siera at Germany - first time tarmac also feels like a tarmac, still something is weird however, also it feels like car has a bit too much problems to stop, maybe it should be so I don't know, but it doesn't really grip while braking.

Siera at Sweden - feels very good, feels like this mod actually makes cars more predictable. In this case it is easier to avoid bankings. But predictable doesn't always mean easier, it is challenging when it is expected to be so.

Quattro at Finland and Peugeot at Greece - doesn't seem like very big change, IMO those cars weren't bad by codemasters already. But the more you drive you start to notice that cars are actually easier to control because they behaves more as expected, but it is also easier to overdrive, so to sum up cars are more challenging, requires more respect and skill.

Very good mod, I'll be following. Cars certainly feels more believable, but keeps their original feel so it is only improvement.

It was a bit weird to get warning by windows when opening up the louncher though, but I guess it can be trusted.

I agree, the damage is probably too aggressive.

The same stands for the grip reduction at high longitudinal slip. The tires loose too much aderence in my opinion, especially on asphalt (very noticeable in the first Germany stage).

Great mod anyway ;)

I was never particularly great with the rear wheel drives and I’m still not. Can’t really tell any difference if I’m honest but maybe I need to put more time in. Just one thing about the group B cars – you said you’d altered some parameters. Have you given them more grip in Monte Carlo? They seem to be more grippy on the ice and I preferred it previously, which I thought was more realistic. I always remember a particularly icy Monte some years ago, watching Marcus Gronholm tip-toe around the icy corners in his Peugeot 307 at 20 MPH, like an old woman. I don’t think that ice should hold any grip unless it’s Sweden and studded tyres are involved.

Anyway, many thanks to you and your team for the fantastic improvements you are making.

I was never particularly great with the rear wheel drives and I’m still not. Can’t really tell any difference if I’m honest but maybe I need to put more time in. Just one thing about the group B cars – you said you’d altered some parameters. Have you given them more grip in Monte Carlo? They seem to be more grippy on the ice and I preferred it previously, which I thought was more realistic. I always remember a particularly icy Monte some years ago, watching Marcus Gronholm tip-toe around the icy corners in his Peugeot 307 at 20 MPH, like an old woman. I don’t think that ice should hold any grip unless it’s Sweden and studded tyres are involved.

Anyway, many thanks to you and your team for the fantastic improvements you are making.

Thanks for your impressions. Comparing to original physics, the new ones included in the last build, has the particularity to be more predictable. You can "play" with the weight transffer in a better way and feel when the rear tyres are loosing or simply getting grip. You need to be very carefull with the braking distances to try not locking those up. About the Group B, the grip levels maintain in the same level for Monte - Carlo but they were modified for the rest of the countries, making the driving more challenging and slippy ... More in a old era fashion :)

Thanks for the reply E.Zelaieta. I've been doing some comparing between 0.2 and 0.3 for the Group B cars and 0.2 definitely does it for me. Out of the two, 0.2 gives the cars a more weighty feel and more predictable handling in my opinion. Don't know if that's down to the grip levels or not but it definitely feels more realistic to me, like a car should rather than a go kart. It definitely put the smile back on my face when I went back.

Of course, I realise that we all have different views and opinions, I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, it's just that different things work better for different people. Still love the mod and looking forward to the next instalment. :)

Thanks for the reply E.Zelaieta. I've been doing some comparing between 0.2 and 0.3 for the Group B cars and 0.2 definitely does it for me. Out of the two, 0.2 gives the cars a more weighty feel and more predictable handling in my opinion. Don't know if that's down to the grip levels or not but it definitely feels more realistic to me, like a car should rather than a go kart. It definitely put the smile back on my face when I went back.

Of course, I realise that we all have different views and opinions, I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, it's just that different things work better for different people. Still love the mod and looking forward to the next instalment. :)

Thank you for the testing and for exposing your personal opinion. What I can confirm right now is that the future updates will keep the 0.3 feeling (Talking about Group B's) becouse I feel so much more realistic, less grippy and for sure, more challenging. I havent got the oportunity to drive any of those beast (Group B) in real life but based on my personal experience in different cars around the stages, I feel that the 0.3 version was a good step forward in the right direction. Sad to know that it doesnt suit your needs like the 0.2 does. Anyway, try to keep enjoying:)

Hi there, how are you progressing with this project ? :)

I just drove BMW at overcast England stages, and I think there are way too little grip on damp gravel, I felt like with summer tires on the snow. At least there were waaaaay too little longitudinal grip, couldn't even pickup speed.

Other than that car feels just amazing, very believable to me.

There is just one big downside with current dirt, it becaume extremely unstable with recent windows 10 updates, I saw that there were 1.23 patch for Dirt, but I don't think that it works, same issues... very annoying. If I can finish two stages then I'm lucky.

What else ? Looks like Dirt official forums are useless...

Hi there, how are you progressing with this project ? :)

I just drove BMW at overcast England stages, and I think there are way too little grip on damp gravel, I felt like with summer tires on the snow. At least there were waaaaay too little longitudinal grip, couldn't even pickup speed.

Other than that car feels just amazing, very believable to me.

There is just one big downside with current dirt, it becaume extremely unstable with recent windows 10 updates, I saw that there were 1.23 patch for Dirt, but I don't think that it works, same issues... very annoying. If I can finish two stages then I'm lucky.

What else ? Looks like Dirt official forums are useless...

We have managed to push a bigh development process to add around 10 new cars of different classes for the next 0.4 release which will be released in the next weeks. After that, the idea is to keep evolving the mod adding newphysical features and cars but in a slower pace.

Thanks for your review and for giving us your opinion about how the surface grip levels and the cars physics itself feels for you. We appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back