DiRT Rally RFPE Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interseting. The notes on the You Tube clip say ''..you have to manually change those files under Your Install Directory\DiRT Rally\cars\models\555\tuning\ for all cars. You can open it up as txt files and just edit the last line where it says "Tyres Front="low_grip" Rear="low_grip" />" . By default most of them are "med_grip" or "high_grip"

I still have the the pre-update files, so are you saying that I can just alter the XML file as stated to get the low grip and then copy them over to the game? I've compared the old Tuning files to the new and they're quite different. Is there any way of amending the new tuning files to get the same result do you know?

If you still have the pre-update files I think you should be able to change the grip levels! Don't know about importing them to the updated version of the game though! Maybe worth a try :);):D

The only thing I noticed was the sound of the crowd at specific points during replays, cheering and whistling etc. The Dev may want to expand on that. It is an improvement though and better than original.

The only thing I noticed was the sound of the crowd at specific points during replays, cheering and whistling etc. The Dev may want to expand on that. It is an improvement though and better than original.
You are right. We update some ambient sounds trying to improve the overall perception and volumes.

E.Zelaieta updated DiRT Rally / RFPE Project with a new update entry:

Fantastic news, been watching this thread like a hawk waiting for this - unfortunately, when I try to launch the RFPELauncher I get the following message box - 'Waiting for window - ComeOver Gaming & ToCAEDIT ' - which doesn't go away.

Anyone else get that? Any ideas?

I can launch the game but the force feedback is missing so I guess that something's not right somewhere.

Last edited:
Fantastic news, been watching this thread like a hawk waiting for this - unfortunately, when I try to launch the RFPELauncher I get the following message box - 'Waiting for window - ComeOver Gaming & ToCAEDIT ' - which doesn't go away.

Anyone else get that? Any ideas?

I can launch the game but the force feedback is missing so I guess that something's not right somewhere.
After you open the RFPELauncher, you only need to launch DiRT Rally.exe. It should work ...

After you open the RFPELauncher, you only need to launch DiRT Rally.exe. It should work ...
Another quick question, if I may.

Are the ND2 files in the Cars folder, specifically for damage modelling only? I like to use Templar's 'Whatever you do - Don't crash' mod, as his damage modelling is second to none. Could I replace the files in the Cars folder with Templar's, without affecting how your mod enhances the handling of the vehicles?

Another quick question, if I may.

Are the ND2 files in the Cars folder, specifically for damage modelling only? I like to use Templar's 'Whatever you do - Don't crash' mod, as his damage modelling is second to none. Could I replace the files in the Cars folder with Templar's, without affecting how your mod enhances the handling of the vehicles?

Yes, you can.

Same problem here, as GoodOldBakes has - a small launcher window appears and blinks all the time, "Waiting for the Window etc.", but DR never launches, neither from the shortcut nor directly from drt.exe.

Using Win7x64.

P.S. - both DR and Steam installed small updates today, is the mod still compatible with these?

OK, after reading forums and fiddling with files, I've managed to get it working. Looks like for some reason the game doesn't want to launch off drt.exe anymore (I was using a desktop shortcut up to that point). It does launch allright from the games menu of Steam though, and it works just fine with the RFPE launcher running in the background.

I only had time for a short Quattro run on one of German stages but I enjoyed the physics changes a lot. A massive improvement over stock version in my opinion and exactly the kind of road holding I expected from '80s car on '80s tyres. Can't wait for other vintage cars to be adjusted similar way! Keep up the good work.

A tip for all new guys, who download the mod and want to install and run it right away - don't forget to check the Documentation/Setting folder with screenshots showing how to set up the FFB in game! Unfortunately, It's in Spanish/Portugese (?), but it's shouldn't be difficult to decipher just by looking at the pictures :).

I only had time for a short Quattro run on one of German stages but I enjoyed the physics changes a lot. A massive improvement over stock version in my opinion and exactly the kind of road holding I expected from '80s car on '80s tyres. Can't wait for other vintage cars to be adjusted similar way! Keep up the good work.
Indeed. Anyone who wonders how effective this mod is should try the Col De Turini descent, first without enabling the launcher, then with the same car (I do love the Quattro myself) and the launcher enabled. The difference is like night and day - or rather ice and dry. Can't wait for the other groups to be included.

Working slowly on the new 0.3 version, which will bring updated data for actual cars but it will also include new class. I'm personally enjoying the overall improvements so much. The new class is also very adictive! Soon, more news.

Thanks for all.

Indeed. Anyone who wonders how effective this mod is should try the Col De Turini descent, first without enabling the launcher, then with the same car (I do love the Quattro myself) and the launcher enabled. The difference is like night and day - or rather ice and dry. Can't wait for the other groups to be included.

Happy to know that someone notice the overall improvements! On DiRT Rally Monte - Carlo stages, we're running under standard wet tyres. That's why the grip levels are so low. Based on my own experience, those levels should be mostly correct for snowy/ice sections. Keep enjoying :)

I disagree on the grip levels used for Montecarlo.
On my installation it's impossible to turn the car even at VERY low speeds...
I'll try an integrity check and reinstall the mod, but it's ok on the other stages so I think something wrong is happening.

I disagree on the grip levels used for Montecarlo.
On my installation it's impossible to turn the car even at VERY low speeds...
Not if you use the throttle correctly. I must admit that, on a couple of occasions, I've slowly slid across the road into the wall and no amount of braking, turning or throttling would halt the slide - which is exactly how it was in the real ice and snow on the couple of times that it's happened to me in real life. That's what had me convinced that this is the real deal - or as near as possible to real anyway.

Not if you use the throttle correctly. I must admit that, on a couple of occasions, I've slowly slid across the road into the wall and no amount of braking, turning or throttling would halt the slide - which is exactly how it was in the real ice and snow on the couple of times that it's happened to me in real life. That's what had me convinced that this is the real deal - or as near as possible to real anyway.
Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years