DiRT Rally RFPE Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is brilliant! Been testing for 3 days with the Audi, on all surfaces and this is fantastic! There's an actual weight to the car now and it feels as if you're actually driving a car rather than a twitchy go-kart. This is the only time that I've been able to really differentiate between the ice and normal road in Monte Carlo. Surprised people aren't all over this. Can't wait for the other car groups to be done.

Thank you so much for the feedback! Its a pleasure to read that someone enjoys our work. Thanks again!

We guess that after a Steam client update, the 0.2 version of the RFPE plugin stopped working. You will feel improvements only on damage, FFB and sounds side. Soon, more information.

Hi, I have a question. How have you changed in the Audi? Can you do that's so characteristic? Thank you. I mean the engine. And the rev limiter was on her 8000rpm
tpSM32kA7Wo.jpg

Hi, I have a question. How have you changed in the Audi? Can you do that's so characteristic? Thank you. I mean the engine. And the rev limiter was on her 8000rpm
tpSM32kA7Wo.jpg

Thank you for the data! We usually follow our development steps based on engineering but also car specific related books. We own some interesting ones about GR.B/A but also about tyre dynamics and more. Also video footages help sometimes. Right now, we're a bit confussed about our RFPE plugin situation. It seems it's not working anymore. That's not the way to keep a regular and realistic development. Will see.

We guess that after a Steam client update, the 0.2 version of the RFPE plugin stopped working. You will feel improvements only on damage, FFB and sounds side. Soon, more information.
Bugger. I can't say I noticed last night with the Audi but then I used the Ford and the Peugeot and I was all over the place. I just put it down to me not being used to either. Hope you can fix it soon. I hate Steam.

Last edited:
Bugger. I can't say I noticed last night with the Audi but then I used the Ford and the Peugeot and I was all over the place. I just put it down to me not being used to either. Hope you can fix it soon. I hate Steam.

I really dont know how we will fix the issue. Steam will be all over this again and again. Its sad that all the work you put on a project to improve a technical side of a tittle goes off in this way. Codemasters or someone with moderation privilegies also delete the topic we have created some days ago. Im not blaming but the situation is not best to keep with high hope for a future development.

What does "offline" mean in this case? Like i have to change Steam to offline before playing Dirt or does it mean i can be online in Steam but i can only choose to do custom rally with personal best setting (to beat my own time and no one else)? Im unsure about this so i thought i ask. Thank you. :)

I really dont know how we will fix the issue. Steam will be all over this again and again. Its sad that all the work you put on a project to improve a technical side of a tittle goes off in this way. Codemasters or someone with moderation privilegies also delete the topic we have created some days ago. Im not blaming but the situation is not best to keep with high hope for a future development.
It's obnoxious that CM or Steam or both would want to stop your technical improvements. I noticed your posts have been removed from the Steam forum. It's not as if you are helping anyone cheat or anything. As you have clearly stated, the mod doesn't work online anyway and, even if it did, the behaviour of the cars is more realistic and thus slower than the unrealisticly high speed of the game as it is now, so no one would gain an advantage. Plus the VAC situation, which again you clearly stated. I don't play online and realism is more important to me than anything else. It would be a great shame if you were to stop with your work. I would be more than happy to block my Steam client from any future updates if you could get this working again. Please don't stop your incredible work or else we may as well just play arcade racers for ever.

Man that sucks... About Steam/DR. I understand they take cheating seriously now with introduction of VAC, but this was for offline. I havent personally tested this mod but Codies did a terrible terrible job with regards to tarmac in Dirt Rally. Gravel feels great(!) but tarmac is like driving a car with 5000bhp and 100kg weight. Its like the game is sped up in fast forward on tarmac. If this mod makes that part better (and maybe even the gravel better than what is pretty good already) then its a mod that is needed. I dont care about highscores either. I play for the experience of driving rally cars - not to end up on some list. Personally i wished they made more gravel stages from other countries and some RallyX gravel MP modes like those tracks in AMS with jumps instead of the flat ones in DR, and skip tarmac tracks/stages all together.

Good luck guys and hope you can continue.

It's obnoxious that CM or Steam or both would want to stop your technical improvements. I noticed your posts have been removed from the Steam forum. It's not as if you are helping anyone cheat or anything. As you have clearly stated, the mod doesn't work online anyway and, even if it did, the behaviour of the cars is more realistic and thus slower than the unrealisticly high speed of the game as it is now, so no one would gain an advantage. Plus the VAC situation, which again you clearly stated. I don't play online and realism is more important to me than anything else. It would be a great shame if you were to stop with your work. I would be more than happy to block my Steam client from any future updates if you could get this working again. Please don't stop your incredible work or else we may as well just play arcade racers for ever.
Thanks for the comment. Im the first who is against cheating and Im agree that any action related with it should be banned. That is why I feel in a bad way. Some people takes this mod in a wrong way. I can only state that the main focus and objetive of it is to provide more realistic physics for driving pleasure. Not everything is online/competitive racing.

Man that sucks... About Steam/DR. I understand they take cheating seriously now with introduction of VAC, but this was for offline. I havent personally tested this mod but Codies did a terrible terrible job with regards to tarmac in Dirt Rally. Gravel feels great(!) but tarmac is like driving a car with 5000bhp and 100kg weight. Its like the game is sped up in fast forward on tarmac. If this mod makes that part better (and maybe even the gravel better than what is pretty good already) then its a mod that is needed. I dont care about highscores either. I play for the experience of driving rally cars - not to end up on some list. Personally i wished they made more gravel stages from other countries and some RallyX gravel MP modes like those tracks in AMS with jumps instead of the flat ones in DR, and skip tarmac tracks/stages all together.

Good luck guys and hope you can continue.
Thanks for your comment. Im agree with you!

This looks very interesting! Since it seems like you have figured out how to fix handling do you think its possible to have a low grip mod on all cars like we had in the early access? :) Thanks for making this title better! :D

this is the early access mod: :)

This looks very interesting! Since it seems like you have figured out how to fix handling do you think its possible to have a low grip mod on all cars like we had in the early access? :) Thanks for making this title better! :D

this is the early access mod: :)

Yes for sure. The work will be focused on finding most realistic grip values and after that editing each car CTF file, one by one to apply the changes. Anyway, our mod goes further than that so enjoy in your way ;)

So this mod is working now yes? I thought it didnt work anymore. But also, did this update add 4x4 wheel cars or this mod is only working on 4x4 cars?

Just want to be clear. I really want to test this now. Thanks. :)

Interseting. The notes on the You Tube clip say ''..you have to manually change those files under Your Install Directory\DiRT Rally\cars\models\555\tuning\ for all cars. You can open it up as txt files and just edit the last line where it says "Tyres Front="low_grip" Rear="low_grip" />" . By default most of them are "med_grip" or "high_grip"

I still have the the pre-update files, so are you saying that I can just alter the XML file as stated to get the low grip and then copy them over to the game? I've compared the old Tuning files to the new and they're quite different. Is there any way of amending the new tuning files to get the same result do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back