DiRT Rally Dirt Rally reaches version 1.0, console version incoming

Sweden_i20_2_R.jpg

Codemasters has announced that Dirt Rally is now complete with the addition of the Winter Wonderland pack, which brings some highly anticipated and very snowy content to the rally racing sim.

Dirt Rally caught everyone by surprised when it launched earlier in 2015, and rapidly affirmed itself as the most prominent current-gen rally simulator. According to the press release and Twitter page, the Winter Wonderland pack is now available, thus bringing the game to its complete status. Now the Codies team will focus on bringing Dirt Rally onto current-gen consoles, namely PS4 and Xbox One, which is slated to be completed and released April 5th, 2016.

Meanwhile, the Winter Wonderland pack adds the Sweden stages, set on the snowy and icy roads of Varmland. Two cars are included in the pack as well: players are now able to drive the Hyundai Rally and VW Polo Rally.

The latest update also adds Steam Workshop support that allows FFB settings and car setup sharing. You can find the full patch notes on the Steam page.

Check out the official launch trailer on our RaceTube section!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of few racinggames i actually hated when i first tried it.
Crashed and restarted the stages hundreds of times. I just thought it was to hard and did not get a good feel for it.
I have played racing sims for more then 10 years but mostly track focused and no rally games. I now realised that my previous drivingstyle did not work for rallying. This weekend it suddenly just "clicked" and i began to throw the car in corners and drove much more aggresevly and began to trust the cars. And damn! This game is so much fun!

Yup, it's a thing of beauty and very challenging to boot. I wouldn't mind a guide to driving in this sim as it's not the normal racing technique. I can't for the life of me get a handbrake hairpin spot on.

Well, for me the technique is slowing down to second gear usually (depends on the tightness of the hairpin I guess), Turn in slightly towards the apex and then hit the handbrake, while keeping the clutch pressed, letting the car rotate around the apex while slowly lifting off the clutch and applying more throttle.

Best sim released in the last few years?

Nothing sucks me into the sim aspect as much as Dirt Rally. Once you start a stage there is only you and that stage, everything else becomes irrelevant no other sim does that for me.

Rallying isn't my thing. But I'm really enjoying throwing the cars around.

I think the hairpins depends largely on drive train and surface. I've got a better button setup for handbrake now, which is helping.

I guess I'll just keep practicing the old Scandinavian flick.

Not moddable so no future.

Neither was RBR ;)

The thing that will make this game have a much shorter lifespan than RBR, is the fact that Codies will release DiRT Rally 2 (or whatever they call it) as well. If this was the last rally game they had, it would get a devoted following that would, with years of trying, figure out how to mod it. Just like with RBR :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%