DiRT Rally DiRT Rally Previews Upcoming Patch - Rift 1.3 Support to follow

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Dirt Rally Occulus Rift Support Upcoming.jpg

Codemasters have hinted that June should bring the highly anticipated Oculus Rift 1.3 support for the top selling DiRT Rally.

In the latest blog post from the team responsible for the newest DiRT game, the folks over at Codemasters have confirmed Oculus Rift 1.3 support is in the advanced stages of development and should be released to the public in the near future. With a new update due to hit the game in the next few weeks, Codemasters have decided to split the patch into two parts in order to bring some enhancements live earlier than if 1.3 support was to be included in the full update.

With no solid date set for either the initial patch or Rift support, Codemasters have indicated fans should expect the update in early June with the following Rift 1.3 support patch to follow "fairly soon after".

Interesting features of the upcoming patch are the application of motion blur to the bonnet camera and in replays, as well as fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards for PC players of the title. Other global updates for console and PC versions will include AI adjustments to the Classic and S1600 classes, as well as some working going in to removing the excessive knocking effect some wheel users experience when playing with the Rallycross class vehicles.

Although not a full preview of the new patch, it appears that Codemasters are still hard at work developing DiRT Rally as it continues to lead the way for rally games on PC and console.

In other fun DiRT Rally news, the studio have revealed that players have now amassed an incredible 198.4 million miles in game! That's an impressive amount of in game time for a title that simply just arrived in Early Access last year without warning and went on to become a firm fan favourite, showing the gaming industry that Codemasters are still capable of producing first class racing games.

See below the latest DiRT Rally video from Codemasters entitled "Accolades". At just over 60 seconds in length "Accolades" showcases some choices vehicles with quotes and accolades from various reviews and experiences of DiRT Rally:

Check out our DiRT Rally forum here at RaceDepartment for a great selection of mods and skins and of course news and discussions regarding Codemasters top rally game.

We hold regular Club Racing events in DiRT Rally. Why not prove you are the fastest off road racer and sign up today? Why? Because its fun!

Rift and Rally? Dirty fun me thinks? Let's have a discussion below on what we love about this game, or what you feel it could do better?

Last edited:
I regret buying this game, even though I bought at first stage of early access. Would not recommend. It's a console game optimized for console controllers. Have a go with a controller, you'll go much faster.

Well, I certainly don't drive faster with a controller than a wheel. Not with assists turned off.
But, we are allowed different opinions ^^,

Just remember - playable on a controller or joystick, doesn't mean it's not a simulator.

Well, I certainly don't drive faster with a controller than a wheel. Not with assists turned off.
But, we are allowed different opinions ^^,

Just remember - playable on a controller or joystick, doesn't mean it's not a simulator.

Would be interesting to see what a developer like Reiza, known for realism does with rally vs a developer like codemasters, not particularly know for realism.

Hello all together, just a question - Patch v1.11 is out since June 16th but ingame version number show me v1.100. Can anybody confirm that. Thanks :)
If you send me a screenshot of your game then I will confirm :)
On a serious note - they only change the version number in-game if it is one place after comma (if that makes sense).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 225 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%