1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DIRT RALLY Poll and Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Yes, I'd run in either RallyCross or Stage Trials at that time

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I'd run at that time but only RallyCross

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd run at that time, but only Stage Trials

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I cannot run at that time, but I am interested

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Well, Dirt Rally is spectacular. I think there is common agreement there. But is there enough interest for a league?

If you are interested in getting together on Saturday afternoon (or maybe morning on the west coast), then participate in the poll and we will set something up if there is enough interest.

I have gotten my wheel to feel comfortable and am finding the game challenging but rewarding.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob

Rob

With Dirt Rally, this brings back something many of you may remember from GRID Autosport...the ability to form a Team and run a league. Ours is RACE DEPARTMENT X

@EpilepticToast - you would need to sign up here.
    @Peter Hooper - If and when you get the game, you are already signed up (my membership appeared as soon as the game logged me into RaceNet), which we were part of in Autosport.
    Also members are @Alex Hinton, @Railer Cantrell and @Matthew Booth are already in.

This league, when finished, would allow us to compete in a competitive environment, set up rally countries and stages (up to 24 per Country!) and receive points and league cred. This would be a very convenient way to keep stats, see each others' progress and garages, share tips and setups, and compete in a league w/o having to "meet" at a certain time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Wish i had the extra cash for this:(

4. Rob

Rob

I had to trade in a bunch of stuff. Glad I had some XBO discs lying around. lol.
    Forza 6? Gone.
    Forza Horizon 2? Gone.
    Need For Speed Rivals? Gone.
    Every 360 game but one? Gone.

In any case, the good news Eric is that the ffb out of the box is fantastic. We have all the wheel settings you will need. And car setups are not nearly as important as driving skill. When you do pull the trigger, this is a sure bet; a Trump card, and the king of Rally on the Xbox for years to come, I'm sure.

5. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Need to setup some sidework to pay fot dirt and ac.im sure I can find a way .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob

Rob

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rob

Rob

8. Rob

Rob

Actual Point System:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_World_Rallycross_Championship

Easily Modified to:
    Heats:
    16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9
    Semi-Final:
    8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (with glass cieling for top three and bottom three)
    Finals:
    10, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (with glass cieling for top three and bottom three)

There are three tracks. Lidden Hill, U.K., Hell, Norway, and somewhere in Sweden.

I created a public lobby and three others soon joined. You can choose up to three "events" (which are really just track selections) and then it tallies the points for each race (you get to set the # of laps for each event/track). And after each "event" it puts you back into the lobby and you can start another series or change whatever you want.

So, this would be good for running separate "events" for each heat, semi-final, and final. The heats would have to be six laps like everything else. But that's okay. At least we could keep track of scoring w/o having to record something, other than the race. (Although the replays are fantastic...they do not seem to be available for private lobbies).

There are three full tracks, two clubman tracks, and two junior tracks. We could have a "race" at each one, since they are all fun, even if the juniors are basically a circle.

Some good rallycross action, with commentary:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob

Rob

I don't know how I got through the trees. (Sheer luck, I'm assuming). I was unicycle-style down the ditch. lol.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Rob

Rob

Another starstruck F1 Fan...lol.

11. Rob

Rob

Lydden RX - 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship

12. If that's 7.30pm Uk time ill be in. Always love Dirt games regardless good fun.

13. Rob

Rob

Excellent. 7:30pm is the target, I think. Ideally, we could have two rooms and qualify separately, but that's not a must. In fact, we may need to stay together because of scoring. It's nice that they keep all the pertinents for you.

14. Rob

Rob

How To Quadruple Barrel Roll And Win!

15. Hi all, back from my hols so a lot to catch up on here and in real life.

The game sounds like a hit from most so good news and something that I was looking forward to checking out soon after my return but with a price of £55 on the Xbox Store I don't think it is something I will picking up at the moment, especially as i'm am unsure how much use I would get from it seeing as i'm not particularly a rally guy. Really don't understand why their prices are so damn high though :unsure::poop:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob

Rob

I usually don't' say this often, but that 55 quid might be the best bargain you have ever treated yourself to. The game is magic. It's better than any game I have ever seen or played or even heard about. I know why the PC guys rave about it now. It's unbelievably immersive, rock-solid at 1080p/60fps, and has physics that top project cars. I never thought I'd get into Rally and RallyCross either, but I can't stop. lol. I need a 12 step program for DiRT. :O_o:

The only negatives are that there is no UDP stream (yet) and your wheel takes some abuse. Not really from straining the motor, but more grabbing and pulling the wheel to correct or turn quickly. Mine has massive play in the center (but surprisingly good feel there, at the same time) and turns very quickly if I need to. The ffb is much higher, however, when I go to rally cross. I think that's because those cars have huge torque and pull like a truck. And on pavement (now I know why Button (and his Dad) love Lydden Hill so much. And why all racers secretly want ot be rally drivers. It's a fascinating mix of changing surfaces, strips of paved traction, slippery dirt, and a layout that temps you and then bites you when you are over-confident. At Lydden, there are two corners that I have still yet to get right. The U-turn before the front stretch in the full config. is maddening.

Along with multiplayer that does everything for you and is stable, the game delivers a sense of speed that no other has. It's not just the trees being nearby either because it's there in rally cross and in open settings. Almost blindingly fast sometimes, so that the scenery starts to blur...which is cool, because it does. lol.

Then again, you always seem to get better deals by waiting. I'm sure it will come down some, but I predict we will see a massive run on it for a while. Those games do come down, but not as much. I remember Forza 4 stayed up there for years. :sleep:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

Funny Moments (aka "crash physics")

• Like Like x 1
  18. I picked up my copy from Tesco earlier. £42 + a free colin Mcrae DVD. Can get it for £41.99 on Amazon.

It's very good fun tbf Peter.

• Wow Wow x 1
  19. Yeah I get where you are coming from and if I was more of a rally fan I would be more inclined to lay out the money but right on top of my holiday I'm more cautious on spending and 55 quid is crazy money for any game imo, totally unjustified especially when it's available for more than 20 quid less on PC. It was always going to be a 3rd title for me to dip into rather than one that I would play more above the others.

Interesting to hear what you say about the wheel as even in that brief test of Loeb and WRC I felt they were likely wheel killers. With the possible problem I have found with my wheel it's another reason to hold off buying at the moment.

It won't come down in price much in the gaming stores or web sites but at some point it will become available in the exchange shop but it just depends how long it is before one becomes available.

It looks fun though no doubt.

20. Argos have it at a similar price too but I really wanted the digital version for a change as I hate the disc swapping :thumbsdown: lol