DiRT Rally DiRT Rally PlayStation VR DLC Launched

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PSVR DiRT Rally Release.jpg

DiRT Rally VR update DLC released for PlayStation 4 as downloadable content or via a new boxed copy of the title.

UK development studio Codemasters have finally released the PSVR (PlayStation VR) update for 2015 smash hit rally sim DiRT Rally. With PC players already having had access to VR mode for quite some time now, Codemasters have updated their PlayStation 4 title to take the opportunity of supporting VR with the Sony PSVR headset.

As well as bringing Virtual Reality to the game, the new DLC also includes an interesting two player co-driver feature, something that is not currently present in the PC version of the title. The latest DLC update will allow two players to participate at the same time, with one player driving the car and the second person acting in the role of co-driver. The role of co-driver will require "using the social screen to understand when to send calls to the driver using the DUALSHOCK 4 buttons and touchpad. Making those calls at the right time will be the difference between the driver hearing the correct information at the right time, so it’s crucial that this is executed properly". This is a very novel idea by Codemasters and it will be interesting to see how this new feature plays out in reality.

The PSVR DLC retails at £9.99 and is available to download now. Alternatively a new boxed version of DiRT Rally that includes the VR update can be purchased from all good retailers.

DiRT Rally is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now. DLC content can be purchased for the game at an additional cost.

Do you like it DiRTy? If yes then we have just the thing for you! RaceDepartment are exceptionally proud to announce our RDRC league! Head over to the RaceDepartment Rally Championship forum to keep up to speed on this exciting new venture. If leagues aren't your thing then that's fine, the RD DiRT Rally sub forum is a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Have you tried the new DiRT Rally PSVR DLC? What are your impressions of the new game mode? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well good for you.

But charging for something like VR support I find utterly stupid and greedy even.

Hey I agree btw but it's still a niche market and on consoles it's still not a guaranteed technology moving forward. if the feature is baked in I could imagine the non vr playing punter being pissed he's paying for something he doesn't want to either.

Personally I feel the Desktop has always had the most open of platforms and long may that continue.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 210 14.3%