DiRT Rally Dirt Rally: patch 04.1 available, safe to download

10457-1431215776-14b79d900d6f85f763b8f972ea441d20.jpg

Dirt Rally has been updated to version 04.1 on Steam. After a small hiccup, this update brings a number of fixes and updates.

The Codemasters team has patched their rally sim, though things didn't exactly go as planned. Yesterday, in fact, the game received a 4GB update - sort of big for just a couple of bugfixes, ain't it? Turns out, the team accidentally pushed an in-development build that included part of the Germany update.

The update was not stable, and actually corrupted save data for the users who tried it (as the patch was not compatible with the old save file format). Luckily, though, Codemasters quickly pushed the correct update to Steam. The real patch is indeed smaller, weighing in at 1,6GB. Do NOT download the 4GB update, only the 1,6GB one is safe to download.

Here's the admittedly hilarious changelog, from the official Steam announcement page:

Changelog:
  • Save Game Fix - Fixed an issue which prevented the game from saving mid event
  • Achievement Fix – Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly, these will award from now on but we will retroactively award the Going Up In The World achievement in a future pack
  • Track Environment update – J.McG’s Invisible Towing Services have now removed the invisible Burger Van that sometimes rolled into the middle of the road on Pikes Peak and their permit has been revoked (they tasted like thin air anyway)
  • Online Events – Daily challenges now feature the full fat fully upgraded versions of the cars.
  • Audio Fix – Sent the co-driver on another recce of the Col De Turini and asked him to redo his notes
Image taken from our Racetube section: check it out for more Dirt Rally screenshots and videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
hows 5 small fixes 1.6gb?
  • Track Environment update – J.McG’s Invisible Towing Services have now removed the invisible Burger Van that sometimes rolled into the middle of the road on Pikes Peak and their permit has been revoked (they tasted like thin air anyway)
That bit probably, would have involved replacing that entire section of Pike's Peak, or even the entire track depending on how they've done it.

HOW can users decide NOT to download this download (4GB) but the other download? Since Steam does download automatically anyways without the possibility that users can decide what to download and what not to download?

IF there is a possibility in Steam to deny certain update downloads of games and still be able to play the game without that update download I would like to know how?

Can anyone here tell me, please? Thanks.

Last edited:
I am in a really good place with my FFB. I started with Derin(?)'s settings, upped the first multiplier from 1.0 to 2.0 (1.75 is probably about right). In game I use 80% for Vib, and 90% for effects and wheel weight. And with my Fanatec Forza CSR, its just about right. I can derive great enjoyment from this.

Why can't Codie's get rid of the yellowish haze on all their games?! So tired of this.

Since yesterday I have to fiddle with the control settings (pedals+handbrake +mapping on the wheel) every single time I start the game to make it work properly :(

Really frustrating :mad:

Update: Somehow it now remember my settings :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
It never
Since yesterday I have to fiddle with the control settings (pedals+handbrake +mapping on the wheel) every single time I start the game to make it work properly :(

Really frustrating :mad:

Yeah, its never saved my control settings. I get to the start line and go to rev my engine and NOTHING. At least they let you change control settings on the fly, so I don't have to exit or restart. And fortunately not too buttons like when we had to keep deleting our pCars profiles!

For anyone that has a problem with the game remembering your binds/wheel preset. Figure out which button on your wheel/equipment is used for select/enter. Use that button instead of the [Enter] on the keyboard next time you're at the "press start/enter" screen when you start the game. For the g27, the 4 black buttons at the top/front of the shifter, it's the bottom one. Not sure what it is for any other wheel.

For anyone that has a problem with the game remembering your binds/wheel preset. Figure out which button on your wheel/equipment is used for select/enter. Use that button instead of the [Enter] on the keyboard next time you're at the "press start/enter" screen when you start the game. For the g27, the 4 black buttons at the top/front of the shifter, it's the bottom one. Not sure what it is for any other wheel.

thanks mate, already one device (g25) is properly remembered now... :) Just have to make it get the pedals back (CSPV2) and rolling... ;) cool

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back