DiRT Rally DiRT Rally Modding Request Thread

I am not sure if this has been asked yet, and if it has i am sorry i could only jump online for a few minutes during my lunch break and thought i would request this one since i have been looking for something like this in a while:

I am hoping that someone can modify the game behaviors so that instead of resetting the car onto the track and adding 15 seconds onto the race (which i find an incredible immersion killer and usually will result in me losing focus mid race) but rather it would treat it as either a wrecked car taking you out of the event or what i would prefer is that it would force restart the race and take away one of your reset bonuses, also i am hoping that someone could either include in the mod or link me to a mod where it completely removes the reset boxes as i tend to take some corners wide in hill climb events using a very smooth pendulum turn which more often than not results in my spoiler colliding with the crowd forcing a reset and penalty. (there's one corner right at the beginning that gets me every time because the crowd seem to stand about 20ft closer to the road in the game than in real life also they seem to stand on the wrong side of most corners to what logic would dictate to most people).

The idea behind this mod is that just like in real life you cant keep driving after coming clean off the track in what would be a critical crash ruining your car then just appearing on the track and only costing 15 seconds. also i would like it if someone could either teach me or link me to basic value guides so that when me and my mates are versing each other i can change the reset penalty to make it more damaging to our times because even though i tend to crash more than my mates i usually will have the fastest time if i only get 2 penalties or less but if i increased it to either 30 or 60 seconds it would require my skills to improve over my friends instead of just making sure my average speed is 20-30kph above my mates.

Thankyou in advance to the people who work on this and or link me to finds that are relevant. please be sure to send me an inbox as well as post it here so that i dont miss it if i get replied to.

i posted this as a seperate request purely because someone different might be able to help better depending on if they focus on skins or code etc, i am looking for someone who can do a custom skin for me as i dont have the tools required nor the bandwidth to actually acquire them digitally and ever since i noticed my first set of windows 7 disks had visible data rot i have started to purchase everything digitally so i can redownload it in future when i get a stable internet connection (i cannot get one at my house currently due to rewiring of our internet infrastructure going badly in my area). i really want someone to include my youtube logo (which i will send as a full sized file via google drive or drop box) and the logo's and brands of my gaming setup so it is actually a properly customized experience which i would approve in real life. i am kind of hoping to get one per car so i can use any car for my channel when i start uploading DiRT videos and i understand that it is a HUGE ask to get one for every car so maybe people could collab on this one for me and i will include references to whoever did the skins in the videos and give full credit and referral, but please note that i am not a big or even totally active youtuber its more just a i want to upload things from time to time because i have a large online group of people i regularly play sim games with and they requested i post random video's of what i get up to when im playing "Offline".

• Deleted member 236927

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 497
Hi Guys,
I would need your talents to modify the changes of sequential gearbox and to delete this ridiculous latency which the game allows between every gear change. It's blatant especially on kitKars and of 2010. Only the fiesta is in accordance has the reality.
Sorry for my bad English I'm french.

Now that we have the VR update would be necessary to have a mod that correct the steering wheel degrees animation with the hand of the driver matching the real movement of the used wheel. Right now the animation only shows a maximum of 90º for each side and this is unlocked only when show arms option is unabled. Before VR wasn't relevant but now is frustrating because arms are needed for good inmersion. Thank you and hope this can be done.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 236927

Hi, does anyone have time to create this one? DAVIDE BRIVIO ford fiesta. thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 447
Hi Guys,
I would need your talents to modify the changes of sequential gearbox and to delete this ridiculous latency which the game allows between every gear change. It's blatant especially on kitKars and of 2010. Only the fiesta is in accordance has the reality.
Sorry for my bad English I'm french.

I completely agree! I've noticed this forever but never thought anything of it... I end up just driving the Fiesta when I'm driving current WRC cars. I find the Polo is the worst, it's almost a second between shifts! Can somebody explain if this is fixable?

Hello guys!
I have no experience in liverys creation, so i calling your help and your talents.
I want this Red Bull livery in the WRC version, with small adjusments:
012616_motor_grc.jpg

wiman-eriksson-grc-rallycross-mcas-2015.jpg

joni-wiman-drives-the-red-bull-olsbergs-mse-ford-fiesta-st-during-the-picture-id478202590

I want my driver's names on the cars, bcause I play "RP" in career mode.
My drivers:
Nationality: French
Driver: N.Spark
Co-driver: S.Haché
Car number:37
The rear wing can be white or red.

Many thanks if you can help me. And sorry for my english.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%