DiRT Rally Mod Manager

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally Mod Manager 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The app browses through the pictures inside the compressed mod file (or folder). It does everything automatically and let the user cycle through them. Do you have a specific mod with problems?

I just tried the mod you sent me (BenikBalazs Focus 2001) and I see it correctly in the app. Have a look:

9eEalbw.png

Still at work and haven't played this 17gb update yet. If anyone can answer this. Due to size of update do we have to reinstall all livery mods from before today's update?

Not sure if my copy is broken, but the new liveries for the default cars do not show?

*Edit, sorry just saw the other replies.

So, real question then, some multipack liveries show up as their names after you click install, others just show the number for the folder they replace, what sets this?

I've tried naming the folder containing the files to something descriptive, but the manager still shows just the numbers, 42, 44, 45 etc.

Still at work and haven't played this 17gb update yet. If anyone can answer this. Due to size of update do we have to reinstall all livery mods from before today's update?

Upon going in the games folder and snooping around before launching, they added new liveries and didn't overwrite the old ones! in case anyone is wondering.

Not sure if my copy is broken, but the new liveries for the default cars do not show?

*Edit, sorry just saw the other replies.

So, real question then, some multipack liveries show up as their names after you click install, others just show the number for the folder they replace, what sets this?

I've tried naming the folder containing the files to something descriptive, but the manager still shows just the numbers, 42, 44, 45 etc.

It all depends on how the modder decides to organize its files. In a multipack mod, if the modder puts each pack into a folder with numbers as names, that's what I'm going to display. If he calls his folders Paddon, Neuville and Sordo, then that's what you'll see in th app.

It all depends on how the modder decides to organize its files. In a multipack mod, if the modder puts each pack into a folder with numbers as names, that's what I'm going to display. If he calls his folders Paddon, Neuville and Sordo, then that's what you'll see in th app.

So this is where i was confused, i assumed it would work the way you just said, however when changing the folder names to match, MM still shows the livery numbers instead.
I wondered if it is keying off something else instead?

The actual mod folder, or the folder with the livery inside?

I'm assuming this is to have MM clear and reload it's known additions/liveries?

To confirm, MM looks to the subfolder that the skin file is directly located within?
So for (really rough) example>
dirtrallymod4.1\mods\metropack\dirtrally\metro\42\skinname.skin
dirtrallymod4.1\mods\metropack\dirtrally\metro\Jimmymcrae\skinname.skin
dirtrallymod4.1\mods\metropack\dirtrally\metro\tonypond\skinname.skin

Am i understanding your correctly that when i'm in MM, and hit install, that the drop down will give, 42, jimmymcrae and tonypond as the options?

I have to check, but for the ones i have that do not work, i'm guessing that as it takes the folder name immediately before the skin file, then that is where the problem is likely to be?

A suggestion
I think it should be as the mods are in subfolders
example
Mods \ mcs \ Livery_00 \
Mods \ mcs \ Livery_01 \
so we would have only one folder for mcs and within it all the mods for mcs

So they would not be all scattered in the folder MODS

That makes it hard to see what packs you have and lessens the functionality, @nickjackpt .

Hopefully the answer back to my question above should make it clearer, more specifically, if i know what the program keys off to read the folders, it would allow me to arrange as needed.

Right now, i literally have multi skin packs that can show the custom name (dirt rally version, historic etc.) when i hit the install button in the program, or they will just show 00, 40, 41 etc.

Like i said, i've tried keying it off the sub folders in the pack (usually named livery_41 etc.) but that doesn't seem to affect it, so hence the question, what do they key off of?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%