DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Flying Finland Update Preview From Codies Road Book

2001_Subaru_Impreza_WRC_322_6958.jpg

Flying Finland Update

This is the bit that I am sure most of you are waiting for and seeing as @jamielowesdev did such an awesome job of detailing what we have got lined up there is not a whole lot more for me to add. This week we gave our trusted testers a sneak peak of the update so that they can give us some preliminary feedback before it heads out into the wild next week.

For the most part they have been extremely complimentary of the update. The general consensus is that the new Finland stages and the 2001 Ford Focus and 2001 Subaru Impreza are great fun to drive. These cars come with our new v.2 handling and that has been met with a very positive reception. That also translates into the other car classes that we have updated (60s, 70s, 80s RWD, and 2010s).

The key difference that people have noted is the fact that the Force Feedback now feels a lot less informative in the v2 cars, especially on Tarmac. This is because the FFB is the same but the car now has significantly less downforce compared to what we originally launched with. As a result the car is not being pushed into the ground as much so therefore the FFB is coming across lighter.
The trouble is that if we crank up the global FFB settings then any car with the original handling will feel over saturated so for now we are going to leave it as it is but once the other cars have had their v.2 pass we’ll be adjusting the global FFB to make sure that we get that feeling back.

Colin_McRae_Focus_WRC_Rally_Australia.jpg

Last edited:
I've certainly been having fun the past couple of days. Still trying to find the optimum suspension settings to deal with the jumps though.

I'm glad they mentioned the FFB issue we've encountered too, this will be sorted eventually. You just have to be patient.

I don't have any issue with the FFB on gravel, on tarmac it is a bit on the light side at the moment. There is a BIG difference how grip is translated on tarmac, and on the whole the V2 cars is more agile. You can throw them around, powering through hairpins in a really satisfying way. Goin back to the V1 cars after this, they really feel like they have at least twice the weight thanks to the excessive downforce.

I always knew the cars had too much DF. Was very apparent in WRC since they bogged down and lost power at high speeds.

So glad the issue is getting corrected. Its gonna feel like rbr but better. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back