DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello.
Thanks for all your support. :)
I've updated the Mod to Ver.3.1 and uploaded the files.
Ver.3.1 is based on the same concept as the previous version. And I added the files for 2 new cars.
I've tested carefully, but please let me know if there's a problem.
Thank you. :)

Hello I have tried your information a alternative camera pack 3.1 but I can not select the pictures that I will give explanations. thanks to early

I'm interested in the view select 2 (the one without the steering wheel).
Could you help me?
preview_10-jpg.106910

Hello I have tried your information a alternative camera pack 3.1 but I can not select the pictures that I will give explanations. thanks to early

I'm interested in the view select 2 (the one without the steering wheel).
Could you help me?
solved thanks
Thanks for your feedback, peppinosan.
Codemasters added "Cockpit Driver & Wheel Enabled/Wheel Only/Disabled" option in the previous update. And it enabled us to use "Adjustable FOV" for the dash-cam.
I didn't mention about that point clearly in the Readme, sorry. I'll add a description about it in the next update.
Thanks again! :)

i installed the camera's and overwrote the default .xml's but the camera's are the same. I want that nice close to the wheel cam and instruments only cam like the top 4. I tested multiple cars and the views were all the same. Is the closeness to the wheel just global FOV related?
preview_10-jpg.106910

i installed the camera's and overwrote the default .xml's but the camera's are the same. I want that nice close to the wheel cam and instruments only cam like the top 4. I tested multiple cars and the views were all the same. Is the closeness to the wheel just global FOV related?

Hi, DeoraTwo.
Thanks for your feedback.
I've tested the mod again, and it works normally. Could you please check the following points?

1. Please check the "time-stamp" of the "cameras.xml" file(s) installed in the following directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\(each car folder)

If the modded files were installed properly, the time-stamp of the "cameras.xml" should be "03/10/2015 0:00".
If not, please install the mod in the right directory once again.

2. Please check "Camera Field of View" (Adjustable FOV) & "Cockpit Driver & Wheel" options in the following in-game menu.

- "Main Menu - Profile - Game Preferences" menu,
- Or, during the event, "(Paused) - Options - "Preferences" menu.

You can find the "Camera Field of View" slider (0.0-1.0) at the bottom of the menu.
(Note: "0.0" is the lowest FOV with close view. "1.0" is the highest FOV with far view.)

Also, you can choose "Cockpit Driver & Wheel - Enabled/Wheel Only/Disabled" there.

Hope this helps. :)

I have a question: is there a way to set a time limit on a particular replay camera? For example, the cycle time between camera changes?

Also, I would like to do some external camera editing myself, could you point me to some information to get started? If you don't mind.

I have a question: is there a way to set a time limit on a particular replay camera? For example, the cycle time between camera changes?

Also, I would like to do some external camera editing myself, could you point me to some information to get started? If you don't mind.
Hi, gf1.
About how to edit the replay itself, I've not tried it, sorry. DiRT Rally is still at the Early Access stages, so I'd like to wait and see the further development by the dev team. And actually, I've already posted my request on the Codemasters official forum. :)

On the other hand, about how to edit the external cameras, you can edit the "cameras.xml" files with "BinXML" tool. You can download it from here (thanks to Fergo for this tool)..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ub9daj31gwi2l1/BinXML_1_1.zip

We can use this tool to edit the "cameras,xml" files of Codemasters DiRT, GRID and F1 series. Please search this forum by keyword "BinXML" and you can find lots of information.
Hope this helps. :)

I have posted there as well (gfrally) and have been pretty adamant about trying to get replay camera changed or user select able. Unfortunately, after asking on the last livestreem, Paul said it was not going to happen with DiRT Rally. So i am going for alternative avenues to get some changes.

Thanks for the help, I did find the BinXML conversion program last night. It took awhile since the creators website if down.

Played with some of the values from your mod. Making some progress and learning what controls what. I appreciate your work even more now, since this is no easy task. I'll send you a PM with some of my results in a few days, since it is based on you mod anyhow :) I am mainly looking at the external cameras.

Thanks again for your hard work, and help too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%