DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Alternative Camera Pack with a new update entry:

Ver.2.2 Update - Added "World RX Update" Cars

Ver.2.2 Update (summary)

- Added the files for 3 new Rallycross cars according to the official "World RX Update" (3/8/2015) by Codemasters.

Ford Fiesta Rallycross
Volkswagen Polo Rallycross
Peugeot 208 WRX

- Tweaked the "Bumper Cameras" (all cars). "Bumper Cameras" are now nicer to play with.

Raised the height (the same height as the "Bonnet Camera").
Changed the Adjustable FOV range to "45.5 -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Thanks for all your support.
I've updated the Mod according to the official "World RX Update" by Codemasters.

I've been working on tweaking the "Bumper Cameras" since last update, and added the new "Bumper Cameras" for all cars this time. I hope the "Bumper Cameras" are now nicer to play with.

As it is known, in this official update, "Cockpit Driver & Wheel - Enabled, Wheel Only or Disabled" option was added. But this time, I don't have enough time to optimize each camera for this option. I'm sorry.
I'll keep working on this Mod and make it as better as I can (hopefully, until next update).

As always, I've tested the files as much as I could. But it's hard to test all files perfectly, sorry. Please let me know if there's any problem. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Hope you enjoy. Thank you. :)

Tried with Fiesta RX, I have wheel off and I use dashmeterpro, cockpit close cam is spot on to me. Thanks for making this, great job!
Thanks for your kind words, Jebus. And long time no see! :)
"Steering On/Off" option greatly changed the gameplay with a wheel, and I'm glad to hear the close cam worked fine.
Codemasters DiRT Rally team is doing really great job on this game, and this Mod is all thanks to them. Looking forward to more new features in their future development, too.
Thanks again! :)

Thanks for your kind words, Jebus. And long time no see! :)
"Steering On/Off" option greatly changed the gameplay with a wheel, and I'm glad to hear the close cam worked fine.
Codemasters DiRT Rally team is doing really great job on this game, and this Mod is all thanks to them. Looking forward to more new features in their future development, too.

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with Dirt Rally, hasn't been a big fan of Codies before. I bought it pretty much only for rally crossing and I'm glad I did as it's quite good fun already. And when multiplayer comes rx will be even more fun.
I believe they have planned movable seat/cockpit camera but your mod already places the camera to very close where I would move it myself. So thanks again, keep up the good work!

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with Dirt Rally, hasn't been a big fan of Codies before. I bought it pretty much only for rally crossing and I'm glad I did as it's quite good fun already. And when multiplayer comes rx will be even more fun.
I believe they have planned movable seat/cockpit camera but your mod already places the camera to very close where I would move it myself. So thanks again, keep up the good work!
Thank you very much, Jebus. :)
The official FIA World Rallycross Championship was a great addition for me too, and I'm really enjoying it. The real cars, drivers and tracks, I couldn't ask for more.
And I also wish a new camera mode such as "free cam mode" in pCARS or "in-game app" in AC. It has already been discussed on their official "Suggestion Box" forum, and I believe they are thinking of it. I look forward to what's coming next! :)

Great job. Kudos to you for your effort.

Would it be possible that you include an alternate option with the MoreCarMovement included ( http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/morecarmovement.6169/ ) in upcoming versions?
Thanks for your kind words and suggestion, narkohol.
I want to add more options if I can. But still, I spend most of time improving the basic part of this Mod. And as you know, it's very time consuming. Also I want to work on the replay cams and some other Mods. So, considering my free time, I'm afraid I can't, sorry. But thanks again for your suggestion. :)

I hope to see an update soon @Tommi-TAG ;) hehe
Thank you, John! :)
I've been working on the Mod since the last official update and optimized the cameras of all cars for the "Wheel - Disabled" option. The old cars are almost done. And I'm going to work on the new cars, too.
As always, I want to release the update until this weekend. Please give me some more time.

Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Alternative Camera Pack with a new update entry:

Ver.3.0 Update - Added "World RX Multiplayer Update" Cars

Ver.3.0 Update (summary)

- Added the files for 3 new "Rallycross" cars according to the official "World RX Multiplayer Update" (25/8/2015) by Codemasters.

DS Automobiles DS 3
Mini Countryman Rallycross
Subaru WRX STI

- Enabled the "Adjustable FOV" of the "Dash Cameras".
"Preferences - Cockpit Driver & Wheel Disabled" option was added in the previous official update. And I could enable the "Adjustable FOV" of the "Dash...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Thanks for all your support. :)
I've finished the update and uploaded the files.
(It took more time to edit and test all cars than I had expected, and the release was slightly delayed. I'm sorry.)

This update includes the following 2 major changes, and I updated the Mod to Ver.3.0.

- I enabled the "Adjustable FOV" of the "Dash Cameras" because "Preferences - Cockpit Driver & Wheel Disabled" option was added in the previous official update.
We don't have to replace the files manually to change the FOV of the Dash Cameras now.

- Also, I used the same FOV Range "45.5 - 55.5" for all cameras (except "Chase Cameras").
Once you have set the FOV in "Preferences - Camera Field of View" menu, you can use the same FOV for all cameras.

In "World RX Multiplayer Update", Codemasters changed the FOV range and use the wider FOV range (around FOV 30.0 - 70.0) for the "Head-Cam, Bonnet Cam & Bumper Cam" now.
But in this Mod, I used the old FOV range (FOV 45.5 - 55.5) because it needs more work to support the wider FOV range. I'm sorry.

As always, I've tested as much as I could. But please let me know if there's a problem. I'll fix it asap.
Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Great set. Who needs a free cockpit cam anymore! Thank you Tommi!
Thanks for your kind words as always, Jebus. :)
The best seat position changes depending on the tracks (uphill, downhill etc.). But I'll continue to try to find the good position until Codemasters implement the new option.
Thanks again, mate! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years