DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

carcam_int does a lot of fish eye camera effect.
incar_default and incar_default_night a bit less but some.
You can tell at a hairpin in Monte Carlo, that the effect is kind of like dizzy- haha.

I set it to be blank, much better!

(And the cameras.xml as text format from binxml.exe work fine without going back to binary.)

My little script for converting (make sure you change your path)
Code:
rem binxmlconvert.cmd to backup, copy over and convert bin to xml
copy /y "%~1" "%~1bak"
move /y "%~1" "%~1O"
G:\GAMES\editors\BinXML_1.1\binxml.exe -t "%~1" "%~1O"

And I call it with this command:
Code:
G:\GAMES\DiRT Rally\cars\models>forfiles /s /m cameras.xml /c "cmd /c G:\GAMES\Editors\BinXML_1.1\binxmlconvert.cmd "@file""
Thanks for your reply and sharing the Modding information, robnitro.
Each Codemasters title has its own unique Camera Setting. And we have to test and sort out "which is possible and which is not". It is a fun part of the Modding. :)

Tommi, my math fov is 56! Which camera pack of yours would be the proper one.My rig runs triple screens on16:9 aspect ratio.Thank you in advance.
Thanks for your comment, Ze70R.
I'm afraid there is not "exact FOV 56.0" in this Mod. But please use "FOV 55.0-70.0" package and set in-game "Camera Field of View" to "FOV 0.0" (FOV 55.0) or "FOV 0.1" (FOV 56.5)
in "Main Menu - Profile - Game Preferences" menu,
or during the event, in "(Paused) - Options - Preferences" menu.
It is close to "FOV 56.0".
Please refer to the FOV Table(s) in the Readme.

<Adjustable FOV Range 55.0 - 70.0>
FOV 0.0 - 55.0
FOV 0.1 - 56.5
FOV 0.2 - 58.0
FOV 0.3 - 59.5
FOV 0.4 - 61.0
FOV 0.5 - 62.5
FOV 0.6 - 64.0
FOV 0.7 - 65.5
FOV 0.8 - 67.0
FOV 0.9 - 68.5
FOV 1.0 - 70.0

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for your comment, Ze70R.
I'm afraid there is not "exact FOV 56.0" in this Mod. But please use "FOV 55.0-70.0" package and set in-game "Camera Field of View" to "FOV 0.0" (FOV 55.0) or "FOV 0.1" (FOV 56.5)
in "Main Menu - Profile - Game Preferences" menu,
or during the event, in "(Paused) - Options - Preferences" menu.
It is close to "FOV 56.0".
Please refer to the FOV Table(s) in the Readme.

<Adjustable FOV Range 55.0 - 70.0>
FOV 0.0 - 55.0
FOV 0.1 - 56.5
FOV 0.2 - 58.0
FOV 0.3 - 59.5
FOV 0.4 - 61.0
FOV 0.5 - 62.5
FOV 0.6 - 64.0
FOV 0.7 - 65.5
FOV 0.8 - 67.0
FOV 0.9 - 68.5
FOV 1.0 - 70.0

Thank you Tommi ;) i`ll try it out , and give you a feedback.

Ze70R. 56 deg FOV seems to be more for single monitor. You might need to do 56/2= 28 degrees for your triple monitor setup. Usually the bigger width you can run a lower fov, meaning the middle gets less stuff to look at. Not sure about dirt rally though, but compare with tommi's high and low files.

Found a mod that has a postprocess\effects.xml that removes a lot of the annoying camera effects
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/realism-pack-for-dirt-rally.6710/
With this camera mod, it is amazing.

First thanks again Tommi great mod ! My mind doesnt bugging anymore.I do feel the speed , and that i`m sitting proper at the car`s cockpit.Always aim for the correct math fov robnitro, everything else is just a compromise.My math fov is 56 , original dirt slider provides 58 or 54 .Those two degrees changed so mach the feel and the joy of driving on the limit.I wasnt expecting such a big difference!!

Ze70R. 56 deg FOV seems to be more for single monitor. You might need to do 56/2= 28 degrees for your triple monitor setup. Usually the bigger width you can run a lower fov, meaning the middle gets less stuff to look at. Not sure about dirt rally though, but compare with tommi's high and low files.

Found a mod that has a postprocess\effects.xml that removes a lot of the annoying camera effects
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/realism-pack-for-dirt-rally.6710/
With this camera mod, it is amazing.
Thanks for your reply and the Modding information, robnitro.
Thanks to the efforts by the community, this is getting better and better. :)

First thanks again Tommi great mod ! My mind doesnt bugging anymore.I do feel the speed , and that i`m sitting proper at the car`s cockpit.Always aim for the correct math fov robnitro, everything else is just a compromise.My math fov is 56 , original dirt slider provides 58 or 54 .Those two degrees changed so mach the feel and the joy of driving on the limit.I wasnt expecting such a big difference!!
Thanks for your reply, Ze70R.
I also know the slight FOV change sometimes makes a big difference. And it was the reason why I separated the files into several FOV ranges. I'm glad to hear the Mod worked for you. :)

Hello. How to hide Drive and Wheel in this mod, please ?
Preferences/Drive and Wheel/OFF but still present in game !!!
Hi, Makefred.
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please let me know which Package & Car(s) you have the problem with?

(e.g.)
FOV 45.5-55.5 - 01 Driver's Side
Group A - Lancia Delta HF Integrale, etc.

I'm going to test the file(s) by myself. :)

Last edited:
Hi, Makefred.
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please let me know which Package & Car(s) you have the problem with?

(e.g.)
FOV 45.5-55.5 - 01 Driver's Side
Group A - Lancia Delta HF Integrale, etc.

I'm going to test the file(s) by myself. :)

"FOV 35.0-45.0 - 01 Driver's Side" with all cars !

"FOV 35.0-45.0 - 01 Driver's Side" with all cars !
Thanks for your reply, Makefred.
I've tested and understood what you meant. My understanding is as follows.

By default, the player can't adjust the Seat Position with Dash Cam. So, the Steering Wheel has to be disabled by default.
I made it possible to adjust the Seat Position with Dash Cam by Modding. But unfortunately, there is no setting to disable Steering Wheel with Dash Cam in "cameras.xml" file. So, I couldn't/can't disable the Steering Wheel with Dash Cam, either. I'm not a dev staff and not sure though it's by design, I think.

On the other hand, as seen in the video below, the player can disable the Steering Wheel with Head Cam at least. Please use Head Cam if you want to play DiRT Rally without showing Steering Wheel. I think it's ok.

Hello again Tommi -Tag , recently i found out that my math isn`t 56 as some calculators says on my tripples screens ! I do get the program lcd desiner pro from the company fly elise-ng and i found out that my math fov is 36 !? After that i change your pack of cameras range to 35-45 - 0.1 (for 36)but i have a headache from the first 5 seconds everythings is to close like is in my head even with a back movements from the seat.Cant feel any speed like i`m on one place What i`m doing wrong ? My eye position is 82cm from the 3x43 inches HDTVs on a 65degrees angles?

Hello again Tommi -Tag , recently i found out that my math isn`t 56 as some calculators says on my tripples screens ! I do get the program lcd desiner pro from the company fly elise-ng and i found out that my math fov is 36 !? After that i change your pack of cameras range to 35-45 - 0.1 (for 36)but i have a headache from the first 5 seconds everythings is to close like is in my head even with a back movements from the seat.Cant feel any speed like i`m on one place What i`m doing wrong ? My eye position is 82cm from the 3x43 inches HDTVs on a 65degrees angles?
Hi, Ze70R.
You are not doing anything wrong. In my experience, each game has its own unique "sense of perspective", and it is different depending on the game.
For example, I always use FOV 70-80 in pCARS and FOV 50-60 in Automobilista on the same monitor.
The "Theoretical Value" is one reference. But it is not always the best value for the gameplay. Please try other FOV and find your best FOV and Seat Position which you feel comfortable with. :)

Thank you for a great mod!
What files and XML parameters do I need to change to have sounds of outside camera while using in cabin camera?
I hate sounds of metal and echo effects of in cabin camera so want to use clear sounds that you can hear while using view from the outside of the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%