DiRTy Pacenotes

DiRT Rally DiRTy Pacenotes 2.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Be patient my friend, I will try and make the tutorial on Monday.
EDIT: Due to unforseen circumstances tutorial will be ready on Tuesday (if the engineer can fix my broadband :( )

Last edited:
Sure Palo Samo , we gonna wait as mach as you need ;) for such a nice mod. I did try everything you said but still nothing.I lunched Sweet lamb after i did check the Cmd window there was nothing, only the two rows when i start it ;) anyway good job ! we gonna wait for the tutorial.

I can't upload the tutorial because my broadband service has been disconnected for some reason and I am in the middle of resolving this stupid problem plus my mobile data is limited... But I am working on improvements to the mod in meantime :)

Hello guys,

Great work Palo Samo and a big thank you, I have to say I have been waiting for an option to customize pacenotes since the game was launched. Even though the original system is fantastic, compared to rbr original for example, and a great attention to detail was given, I found that if you really drive with pacenotes and don't want (or don't have time) to learn the stages by heart, it is essential to make your own, a thing that not only adds to the element of realism (doing the "recce"), but also helps you improve your race line and do less guess work. I also want to develop a system of making pacenotes in real life, and it helps, so you're a life saver. I used the tool on a couple of stages and it's brilliant, I have to say, does everything it should. I also encountered a few problems, and I wish to try and contribute in a constructive way, or maybe I'm doing something wrong, don't know. So:

- first thing is in the editor, it takes a lot of time to make the notes, because if you select one instruction, for ex left_5 in folder left_turn, you can not use it again, you have to click on a different item in the same folder, like left_4 for ex and then delete and start over etc. A workaround would be to use a duplicate for each folder, does this happen to someone else?

- second thing, I can't make Gordolon work, even with no pacenotes and all the original files, the com prompt window just closes when I launch the stage. And other stages are working, like Approche du col, with the same files. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps?

Thank you for your input, this is what keeps me motivated :) As for your problems, they come from my lack of programming skills (I didn't know java or python before this project) and lack of time to improve my program. There is another similar mod being developed by a serious programmer so it will be a lot better but in meantime I will try and improve my app. Thanks again!

Yes, I will. When I am done with converting editor from Java to Python I will update the package and create a tutorial. Current editor has got limitations and there are also very nice changes to DRCP as well. It shouldn't take long (I hope).

I did a couple of stages in different countries, when I get some free time, it's brilliant, def pays to make your own notes!
With Gordolon I get this error, though I got it to work earlier today...

Initial UDP closed
Detected stage: Gordolon - Courte montee
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "DRCP.py", line 169 in <module>
File "DRCP.py", line 164, in read_udp
File "DRCP.py", line 96, in detect_stage
File "DRCP.py", line 103, in read_pacenotes_file
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode <'r'> or filename: ''

Any news on recent developments? Or about the similar mode being developed?

Thanks!

Palo Samo , Shoud i change some volume in my windows to hear my new pacenotes or anything else ? I cant hear my pacenotes .I did turn down the in game speech to 0, still nothing ?Where shoud i look for a problem ? I did check my sounds the are same as names and numbers as Nicky Grist`s(wav format).Thanks for you help in advance

Run DiRTy Pacenotes Reader and a DR stage you have created your pacenotes for. When your co-driver reads the first pacenote you should see DPReader icon with volume silder in Windows Volume Mixer.

Hi Palo Samo , how is this Live editing works without pressing keyboard? . Can you guide us step by step ? I dont get it . Thanks in advance

EDIT: When creating tutorial I encountered some bugs, which were not there before this update. I guess I am in line with Codies' update strategy ;) Sorry about that, it is now resolved.

EDIT#2: Tutorial is not going to be released tonight because there is a fundamental flaw in the logic of creating pacenotes which I hadn't thought of until tonight. Currently pacenotes are being read at a distance which they were created at but if they are created after the corner, etc. then they will be read after the corner, etc. I am working on a fix ;) Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back