DiRT Rally DiRT Rally Console Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally Console.jpg

Codemasters surprise 2015 rally driving hit from 2015 comes to XBOX One and PS4 on the 5th April this year, in the build up to release the British studio have released a comprehensive preview video detailing what console owners can expect to find in a couple of months’ time.

To help guide new players through the dirty world of rally driving the console version will come with an exciting new feature not yet seen by players of the original PC version of the game, namely a detailed rally school featuring 21 video guides aimed at providing the skills and knowledge required to master the wide variety of cars across all stage conditions.

Coming with the new release will also be a selection of new cars to join the already solid roster of vehicles from across the decades and a classic gravel version of the famous Pikes Peak Hillclimb course to try. The new cars and track will also be available to players of the PC version of DiRT Rally on console release day.

New cars coming on the 5th of April:
  • Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
  • Renault 5 Turbo
  • Renault Alpine A110
  • Opel Corsa Super 1600
  • Peugeot 207 S1600
  • Renault Clio S1600
  • Mini Classic Rally-Cross
If you have enjoyed DiRT Rally and fancy testing your skills against the best drivers RaceDepartment has to offer, why not pop along to our RaceDepartment DiRT Rally Club Racing forum and join in the action?

Will you be getting the console version of DiRT Rally upon its release? How do you think the game will fair compared to its console rivals? Looking forward to the new content? Discuss all that and more in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fantastic! The news is getting so good here that it's actually news! Nice work RD. This has me cancelling my thoughts of getting SLR. (However, I imagine Seb is not too happy about his Pike's Peak car being in there with his signature on it. lol).

So happy to see the gravel version of PP. They have it nailed, as the gravel version was the Mac Daddy. I'm not sure it can ever be replicated...or ever should be replicated. :laugh:

This is fantastic! The news is getting so good here that it's actually news! Nice work RD. This has me cancelling my thoughts of getting SLR. (However, I imagine Seb is not too happy about his Pike's Peak car being in there with his signature on it. lol).

So happy to see the gravel version of PP. They have it nailed, as the gravel version was the Mac Daddy. I'm not sure it can ever be replicated...or ever should be replicated. :laugh:
At least this one you get at the same time as Europe Rob :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed that video and love the enthusiasm and passion exuded by the guys :) which prompted me to go looking into some of the Dirt Rally stuff here on RD. Big disappointment for me is finding that it seems the whole career progression thing from the Grid series is also part of this game too. Can anyone confirm that's the case? That whole grinding out the progression to obtain cars and tuning capabilities was a pain in the backside and not something I would want to return to :thumbsdown:

...Big disappointment for me is finding that it seems the whole career progression thing from the Grid series is also part of this game too. Can anyone confirm that's the case? That whole grinding out the progression to obtain cars and tuning capabilities was a pain in the backside and not something I would want to return to :thumbsdown:

Career mode has you starting from the bottom tiers/early WRC cars. But single player/quick race mode has everything unlocked from the get-go.
It strikes a very good balance IMHO.

Career mode has you starting from the bottom tiers/early WRC cars. But single player/quick race mode has everything unlocked from the get-go.
It strikes a very good balance IMHO.
Thanks for the response, what about in multi-player.. not even sure how that works in this game tbh but do you get any restrictions on what you can race or tune as we did with Grid?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%