DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Updated on all Platforms

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4 Update.jpg

Codemasters have released a considerable update to DiRT 4 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.. now including significant Club improvements!

The new build release has been a long time in the making for DiRT 4, thankfully Codemasters have finally deployed the new update into the wilds, with both console and PC players having access to a considerable download that no only includes a number of fixes and improvements, but at long last the much awaited improvement to 'Club' functionality, adding much of the DiRT Rally league features and a selection of new and improved online goodies...

Confirmed by the latest DiRT Roadbook release from Codemasters, the new build across both console and PC adds plenty of new functionality around the way you play the title online, details of which have been quoted directly from Codemasters below:

1/ Clubs are now multiplatform

As with our Community event leaderboards, we’ve expanded our multiplatform functionality out to our Clubs! That means that whatever you’re playing on will no longer restrict you from joining the Club of your dreams or playing a Championship against your mates on different machines. For us, this is one of the coolest new additions to the game. Now with Clubs, everyone can play one another – and that’s a beautiful thing.

2/ Clubs are compatible with Your Stage

Yup – now you can set up an entirely unique championship, with never-been-seen-before tracks to level the playing field! As well as having full access to the career stages, RX and Landrush circuits, you’ll be able to run Your Stage events too. You’ll also have the delightful ‘Randomise’ button, which will build you a completely adhoc event – just so you can keep it fresh, unpredictable and a little bit mixed up.

3/ Points are scaled depending on the amount of people participating

Now, this one is something we’re really proud of. A lot of users with DiRT Rally’s leagues found that the point distribution was unfair; that if thousands of players were in a league, only a handful would get points. So we’ve taken on board your feedback, and come up with a scaling system for more fairly allocating points. This means that every place counts – and you can have just as thrilling fight for 80th place as you can have for 1st.

Update Change Log
  • Improvements to AI in all disciplines
  • Brutal AI difficulty is no longer tied to Fearless preset
  • Tuning setups can now be used with lower skill rated teams
  • Updated driver support for Thrustmaster devices – this adds support for the T500 (PS4 only)
  • Added new support for Thrustmaster TS-XW
  • Added new support for Thrustmaster Sparco R383
  • Async improvements and updated Sponsors
  • Fixed engine audio not playing in broadcast mode from multiplayer lobby
  • Refinements and numerous bug fixes for Rallycross audio
  • Fixed crash that occurred using Party invites (PS4 only)
  • Prevented Welcome Event deadstate (PC only)
  • Pro Tour vehicles should not start with damage
  • Community Events show time of day when loading
  • Rallycross ghosting no longer gets triggered when completing a lap close to another player
  • Screen Space Reflections added (PC and PS4 Pro only)
  • Improved reflection rendering (PS4 Pro only)
  • Lobby countdown reinstated (PC only)
  • Disabling external cameras no longer forces camera back to head cam
  • Option to reset controls to default added
  • Improved stability
In addition to the above, the following changes from PC version 1.06 are now included on console:
  • Bug fixes and refinements to improve the quality across all written languages.
  • Improved anti-cheat detection for Joyride leaderboards.
  • Fearless difficulty modified so it allows all types of manual gears.
  • Improved system for storing and re-uploading Community Event times when RaceNet is unavailable.
  • Staff contracts now reduce at their expected rate in Pro Tour and Jam Session.
  • Pro Tour scoring is now more consistent.
  • ‘Up and Up’ achievement/trophy will now unlock when you get promoted to any tier in Pro Tour.
Crash Fixes
  • Improved stability across the game.
General Fixes
  • Fixed car wheels and suspension popping in the Service Area.
  • Fixed Mailbox specific issues.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some Community Events results to become invalidated.
  • Fixed an issue with Delta Daily results
DiRT 4 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum to get yourself involved with the DiRTy community and discuss this excellent new rally title from Codemasters. If DiRT 4 doesn't tickle your fancy then fear not, we also have a sub forum for the awesome DiRT Rally games for you to enjoy and interact within!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see Clubs finally arrive to the game? Pleased with the new build update? What are your first impressions of the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
that is the problem (not interested in set up) you should learn makes the car your own, default sets are usually horrid they usually r safe and slow. if you cant do it start to learn, dl a set, or play a arcade game where there are no set up options...its not the games fault...D4 drives pretty good ihave DR,WRC7, and just got D4, one thing also view affect driving and ffb

Mate, I know setups. I just cant be bothered. It takes time and testing. In the past I did it, spent time testing, fiddling with the car and so on. These days I only do what I find fun when it comes to racing/rallying. Testing is not fun :)

So I am running default in whatever I do, and all I drive is the actual events, no pre-event testing.
Games like R3E have pretty good default setups. At least on the GT3 cars - as I did get a top 10 in RDGTC without ever practicing and using default setup. In DR quite a few cars are more than possible to run competetively and fun with default.

D4 does not run good at all, and even forcing "RWD" on some 4WD cars still gets understeer instead of oversteer.

welll i tried the evo i do believe its the diff being to open as far as donuts because the open diff lessens wheel spin less physics more valuues being locked out , maybe they will update, im the opposite i love testing to tailormake it to me, hfgl

welll i tried the evo i do believe its the diff being to open as far as donuts because the open diff lessens wheel spin less physics more valuues being locked out , maybe they will update, im the opposite i love testing to tailormake it to me, hfgl

That is one the things i want to see change in D4, some max diff locks are not high enough. Some only go up to like 30% or something. And i always lower the default spring settings, it's just to twitchy in D4 on stiff springs. The grip levels change very,very fast on bumps.

@ole It's not like 10 shakedowns take up much time to set the car up. And once you have your asphalt, gravel and snow setup in Dirt you are set to go.

That is one the things i want to see change in D4, some max diff locks are not high enough. Some only go up to like 30% or something. And i always lower the default spring settings, it's just to twitchy in D4 on stiff springs. The grip levels change very,very fast on bumps.

@ole It's not like 10 shakedowns take up much time to set the car up. And once you have your asphalt, gravel and snow setup in Dirt you are set to go.
yes i can see why they did that as low grip you dont want it too high this car is meant to corner at high speed with lots of mid corner grip the other thing i see is the front to rear torque bias that evo has about 275 lbs of torque at 3000 rppm you can put i believe 70 to the rear its a 2700lbs car with 4wd you split the torque the rear cant over come the front for long. and i dont know if they modeled the active yaw control that some evo vi models have if so there you go. A far as springs i run stiff as i can handle i just got this game but post top 100 times and 1 top 10 in the little ford feista rs matter of fact i have rear spring at max stiffness in that car, wwhat rotation do you use? steering sen? i bought other cars but i like whippoing this ford arounnd and the crosskarts D4 does short track very well. i think the lanci delta is my next project,and opel 1600 ill really see with that car in rallyx the difference from DR see if my set translates.

Would be great if you could use more "." and "," @EQ.
It's really hard to read your posts and trying to understand them...
what part dont u understand? i just reread it and nothing is confusing....also about donuts i just watched an old car series on amazon prime they were looking at the 500 hp nismo r34 gtr awd....it had a setting where you couldnt break rear traction at all set up for maximum grip with 500hp, cant remember the torque, doing donuts is not a litmus test for good car models. and the evo vi had a active yaw control system....happy racing cya on the track ,stage

Last edited:
well unlocked rallyx had the opel ready. 1 thing i dont like is this tuning upgrade on cars (like my engineer cant finetune yet) anyway the short track of montalegre my hell set from DR translated nicely got 31 on leaderboards with little tweaking, and pretty sure i can top that. im really liking the rally x the opel didnt let me down, THIS car feels wway better than DR. hfgl

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years