1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Dirt 4 league?

Discussion in 'DiRT 4' started by Jan Larsen, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Is there anything in the pipeline later in the year? Its been quiet for the last few months and I was beginning to wonder.

2. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    CM have not implemented it yet ingame :( Your guess is as good as mine as to when it will be added, if at all in 2017.

3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +689
    as far as i know it has not even been officially mentioned.

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,920
    If you mean an RD league, it won't be for a while I shouldn't think. For starters, leagues need to be added to the game first! Also, the RDRC was run quite recently in DiRT Rally. The guys deserve a nice break before organising the next one!

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    Like it's been said, Codemasters haven't even included the leagues (or, clubs as it will be called in D4) in the game yet, so even if we wanted to start it tomorrow, there's actually no chance to do this :(

6. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Oh, I wasnt aware leagues werent even included. I should do my research better, had I known this I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.
    Right, same question as in the thread title again, but with a different game; when will the next Dirt Rally league run again?.... :)

7. LuMue

LuMue
    Premium

Ratings:
    +174
    I asked CM a week or two ago via Twitter about the leagues (clubs) and the answer was, it should be rather weeks than months until it will be implemented :)
    Be patient...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    Probably not at all. It is a hard thing to decide on, as both games have advantages over the other. We are more likely to go with D4 for next season :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Understandable, but if clubs/leagues/whatever isnt a possibility, do you have a backup plan? You have 3-400 eager rallyists impatiently waiting for next season :)

Btw, why in the hell was clubs/league/get-togethers/people-smashing-cars-into-trees-together not included in the first place? Surely is nearly just a matter of copying what was done in DR..?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +1,920
    Given all the problems with DR and RaceNet, perhaps they're trying to improve the net code or something, and it wasn't ready for release day. I hope so, because some people's RDRC was ruined by RaceNet problems.

11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    Well, firstly because of summer holiday :) Both in general simracing is less popular during summer, us staffies tend to go on holiday as well.
    Secondly we were a bit worn out after last season, so it was nice with a little break.
    Thirdly, if Codies mess up the club/league thingy, or just keeps not releasing it, we will of course run it in another game than D4 :)

My guess would be that they have some issues with the stage generator and the racenet-thingy.

12. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +127

>Heavily implies that another season is coming, regardless of platform

Aaaaawwwww yyeeaahhh.png

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    10-4 Ole, will wait patiently for league news in the future :)

14. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +33
    *Looks over at WRC 7 that comes out in the Autumn.* :ninja:

15. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
  16. Martin Larsen

Martin Larsen

Ratings:
    +148
    What? The job in RD even comes with holidays? Ok, im in, where do I sign up? :whistling:

17. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,859
    I'd support one, only we play on Xbox. I find the handling to be worse in some ways, but better in others, and it was. .Best of all, they really nailed the rally cross and Land Rush vehicles. With those, you can run together in a race, on line, with an xbox. League is ready to go.

18. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,105
    Leagues (clubs) will be cross platform by default in D4. Which is a good thing for us organizers.
    Land Rush and RX have max 8 players, so thats a no no for the RDRC at least.

19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Case Premium

Ratings:
    +1,270
    I don't think it was just a matter of copying what was done in DR as quite a lot related to leagues has changed between the two games. Also, they've mentioned quite a few times they have big plans with the clubs when they come. Not sure how/if that changed, though, given the general reception of the game, which was probably quite a lot colder than they expected.

20. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +1,920
    It's really not helped by the gap between patches so far, or the fact the patch process is a joke. I think it's going to take more work than just enabling leagues to really rejuvenate interest in D4 in the long-term. I also think it would have helped divert attention from the game's issues if such features were in the game from release, but there you go.

• Agree Agree x 1