DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Game Action: Rally, Landrush and Rallycross

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
To celebrate another day closer to the release of Codemasters DiRT 4 game, here is some nice footage of the Rally, Landrush and Rallycross cars in action...

With a release scheduled for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on June 9th, PlayStation Access have made live a nice little video showing off the on stage racing action from three of the new titles' included gameplay modes. The video comes in at just over 13 minutes in length and shows us some quality footage of the new Landrush mode using the big off road Trophy Trucks, side by side Rallycross racing and of course the DiRT franchise staple, traditional point to point rallying - using the modern generation Ford Fiesta WRC spec car.

You can check out the video in full below:

As can be expected from a media outlet who call themselves 'PlayStation Access', the action captured during this video has been taken from the Work in Progress PlayStation 4 version of the game and as can be expected for a WIP title, the final product is not guaranteed to look exactly like it does in the video. However with the horrendous amount of time it seemingly takes nowadays to get anything game related approved by Microsoft and Sony, one would be fairly safe in assuming the game is pretty much in a complete state now and nearing readiness for shipment to stores worldwide.

So far so good from Codemasters, this could well be one of the most impressive rally games released on console or PC since the incredible Richard Burns Rally made it's debut all the way back in 2004.

We have reported on a number of detailed previews concerning some of the new features due to be included in DiRT Rally in recent weeks, so if you need to catch yourself up then check out the 'Your Stage' preview article HERE, or have a look at the substantial Paul Coleman Q&A responses HERE. If you want to know more about the team management element of DiRT 4 then THIS article may be of interest to you, or maybe the new Landrush mode peaks your curiosity, well look no further than HERE for some answers!

KEY FEATURES:
  • OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
  • THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
  • LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
  • JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
  • DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
  • CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
  • COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
  • NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
  • TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
  • DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

DiRT 4 will be available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC in June 2017.

Dirt 4  .jpg
Dirt 4 2.jpg
Dirt 4 3.jpg

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions around the newest rally game to be produced by Codemasters. We will have all the latest news when it becomes available and of course offer up a place for fans to discuss the game and share in our combined excitement for this new Codemasters title.

What class of racing are you most excited to try in DiRT 4? Do you think the game can / will live up to it's pre release hype? What cars would you like to see included? Let us know in the comments section below!

I really hope that this turns out to be as good as it looks. I love DiRT Rally but i'm beginning to get to the end of the line with it - i can remember most stages like the back of my hand!
The addition of the Opel Ascona and Peugeot 205 GTI is pretty cool and the Group B RX cars is great. Just as long as they fix the somewhat wonky RX physics, i'll be happy.:)

I really hope that this turns out to be as good as it looks. I love DiRT Rally but i'm beginning to get to the end of the line with it - i can remember most stages like the back of my hand!
The addition of the Opel Ascona and Peugeot 205 GTI is pretty cool and the Group B RX cars is great. Just as long as they fix the somewhat wonky RX physics, i'll be happy.:)

The folks from the community that got to test the game a while back at Codies HQ said that RX was a massive improvement over Dirt Rally.

I personally don't mind not having real stages. They are so time consuming to create and even after that are very hard to get right. Ouninpohja of Dirt Rally for example can just barely be recognized as Ouninpohja and some parts of it are just wrong. I much rather race all of the time on new stages than stages that are "close enough" and are learnt after a few runs.

I personally don't mind not having real stages. They are so time consuming to create and even after that are very hard to get right. Ouninpohja of Dirt Rally for example can just barely be recognized as Ouninpohja and some parts of it are just wrong. I much rather race all of the time on new stages than stages that are "close enough" and are learnt after a few runs.
I didn't even realize there were real stages in DiRT Rally. I don't pay much mind to WRC, don't even know how to follow it in the states. So if Codemasters were to make completely fictional stages, I would be none the wiser, I might even prefer it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back