Digital Copy for DVD copy owners - Very Good News

This was posted by Marcus Jaeger on the steam forum

For you guys that own original hard copies of GT-Legends along with the original case, Starforce and multiplayer codes, I want you to know that we'll be announcing a way for you to obtain a digital version next week.

I mentioned it on the RaceRoom Online forums a few weeks ago. We are now about ready to being the campaign. An official announcement with all the details will be made on raceroom when the exchange begins.

As for the digital release of GTR2. I can say at this time is that it has been delayed. At the moment we have two development teams working on two projects. One is handling the last expansions and updates to the RACE 07 series, and the second is working hard on the new title. The name of which has not yet been officially announced.

This was posted by Marcus Jaeger on the steam forum

For you guys that own original hard copies of GT-Legends along with the original case, Starforce and multiplayer codes, I want you to know that we'll be announcing a way for you to obtain a digital version next week.

I mentioned it on the RaceRoom Online forums a few weeks ago. We are now about ready to being the campaign. An official announcement with all the details will be made on raceroom when the exchange begins.

As for the digital release of GTR2. I can say at this time is that it has been delayed. At the moment we have two development teams working on two projects. One is handling the last expansions and updates to the RACE 07 series, and the second is working hard on the new title. The name of which has not yet been officially announced.

Its a pity I already bought the new version for 10 euro while I already had the original DVD version. I wander if I can get my money back?

I already scanned what was required, and sent it over.
They replied back in less than 5 minutes.

DLing now.

Glad to see Simbin make good on this one.

:)

Where can we find the info?

Also, downloading, is it on Steam, or is there a chance of it being on Steam?

EDIT: Found it.

Hello All,

I should have been more clear in my earlier post. GT-Legends is not available on Steam, and there are no plans at the moment to incorporate it here.

The exchange for hard copy owners of GT-Legends did begin today though.

If you still own your hard copy of GT-Legends and can provide proof, it is possible to get a digital version of the game at RaceRoom Online.

http://www.raceroom.net/news/gt-legends-revival/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22598502&postcount=14

EDIT2: I'm blind and missed the post above :redface:

I only purchased my copy of GTL online a month ago, never could get it running so this is Awesome stuff, I'm doing my photo ATM.

I was stoked at the free "Raceroom the Game" you get when you become a member too :)

All round pretty IMPRESSED with SimBins attitude towards its fans and game owners :doublethumb:

I already have my free digital download now, great service by Simbin and RaceRoom. :thanks:

Very timely for me too, since I had to install a new HD this week, and was about to re-install GTL. Now I have a Starforce free copy, couldn't be happier.
Hopefully, this move by RaceRoom will result in a new surge of activity for this great Sim. :pray:

Hello all. J-F and I just finished clearing out the queue. Everyone who has submitted a ticket as of this post should have a reply. Sorry for the delay, Andrew. For a while the requests were coming in as quickly as we could clear them. We hope you enjoy the game. :)

Yep, Thanks Marcus I got my confirmation email late Friday :) much appreciated.

Had a wee problem when I went to install it though, I got a error in a file happened pretty quick so didnt notice the file name, it kept installing with no more issues, but the game wont run, keeps looping back to the config screen.
I'm gonna download it again, I was getting some weird bandwidth numbers last night so chances are I had ISP drop out which may of corrupted the D/load.
The joys of the Australian Internet Service :frown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years