DiRT Rally Difficulty too easy?

iwn

Premium
I purchased the game after a delicious discount at steam. I have read several reviews about Dirt, almost all very positive. I was expecting maybe too much but I found driving far too easy. You can basicly just let the car go flat out, ditches and rocks beside the road do not matter at all. How arcade can you go? How does this differ from the gas station coin game? Better graphics that is true and cars and scenery look fine. Richard Burns and Rally Trophy! Do I still have the discs...

I've heard it mentioned that DR is nothing compared to RBR in terms of realism. I wouldn't know since I never really got on with RBR so never took the time to get any good with it. But Codemasters games generally aren't ultra-realistic simulations anyway. They tend to have enough realism and immersion to feel authentic to the general fan base, but are simplified enough that noobs and casuals are able to have fun with them too. Perhaps bare that in mind next time you buy a CM game, so that your expectations aren't too high.

Yep. Drove Colin McRae 3(?) way back and what I recall it felt quite the same. But no big loss, its beautiful and for the price I paid it´ll give some fun.

For offline gameplay, one can always install RFPE mod for more challenging driving experience and RBR-style damage modelling (more radical actually, with suspension and tyre damage being a factor, unlike in RBR).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back