1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Difficulty Levels Contrasts

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by boyo79, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I really don't understand the contrasts between difficulty levels on F1 2012. I set it to 'pro' and I'm qualifying 18th. Put it back down to 'intermediate' and I'm qualifying on pole. In Australia I was losing 2 seconds in the sector 2 every lap. In Malaysia on Pro level I'm 2 seconds off pole but on Inter level I'm a second ahead of everyone. I'm driving a Toro Rosso!

Its kinda ruining the game already for me, it was like this in F1 2010. F1 2011 seemed to have more of a balance between AI levels.

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

That is because of one of the patches.

There was quite a few complaints about the gap between Pro and Legend, with Pro not being hard enough and Legend too hard.

So they tweaked Pro up in a patch. This now leaves a huge gap between Intermediate and Pro ....

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I am in the same boat. I wish inters was a little faster.

4. What team are you driving for? Remember, in real life Caterham/Marussia/HRT are around these positions. So if you drive for one of them - you should be OK with 18th. But if you drive for Williams or something like that - you have 2 options.

1) Just drive a season pushing like hell and get better for the next one.
    2) Use Ryder's database editor to make Int difficulty harder. :)

5. On career with Toro Rosso. Same happened when I tried with Force India. I'm on Xbox so I'm guessing I can't use the database editor?

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Correct, consoles don't support modding.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Oh I don't know ...... this is my console modding tool ;) :sneaky:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Honestly confused as to why they don't just get an extra difficulty, I was in the Pro/Legend issue originally, fixed it for me more, but now ruined it for others.

Although at the start of a season, I find I'm much weaker until upgrades which seemed weird, team mate constantly out qualifying me, then after 2 upgrades I was destroying him and the rest of the field (this was on the old Professional.)

9. Maybe you're just good at these tracks? :p

10. Aha maybe, it's just me thinking it's the car when it's me!