1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different FOV settings

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Vilmos Vas, Oct 28, 2012.

1. I'm a single monitor user and I found the default FOV setting (77 degrees) in ETS2 too wide. The whole virtual world looked like downscaled models because of the exagerated perspective, so I've created this little mod to adjust the perspective to my liking (for a more realistic experience).
    There are two 'mods', one with 45 degrees of FOV (preferably to single screen users) and one with 120 degrees of FOV (to triple screen users).
    Note, this is a beta version, as the lower FOV version needs adjustments to the seat position too, because the default setting is way too low.

Different FOV settings
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Nice, thanks. This was just what I needed to get started and 'fix' my own seat. Thanks for sharing!
  3. How do you install these? I cannot figure out where to place the files I cannot get it working at all...
  4. Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod
    • Like Like x 1
  5. museumsteve

Premium Member

Thanks Vilmos...120 mod was perfect for my triple :)
    Before I put in mod, I was driving under an bridge and a woman was walking along the path, she looked okay from the front, as I passed her on the right she came into my right hand screen and was as big as my truck :confused: ...scary lady :roflmao:
  6. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Were you driving in England at the time ?? have this problem all the time, look fine from the front and then you nearly die when you see the rear !!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. museumsteve

Premium Member

:laugh: how did you know
  8. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

The only fit birds left in this country don't even speak English properly mate, go into any city centre and you can identify the locals from the imports by the size of their guts and arses lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I have 24"x3 screens ...resolution about 6016x1200. (eyefinity)
    That FOV45 shows only left mirror....and that FOV120 shows moth mirror on middle screen.
    Is it possible have like FOV85?
  10. When i activate the fov45 mod nothing changes :-(

Edit: This happens only in the iveco
  11. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

That makes sense giving that the Iveco is a new truck...
  12. Steffen Lauge Sorensen

Steffen Lauge Sorensen
    Premium Member

I get an error message when trying to download from your link.
    RaceDepartment Forums - Error
    The requested page could not be found. :unsure:
  13. That's because the ETS2 download section has been removed from RD.
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

This was posted when the new resources manager was introduced in March 2013
    the old section was left up for a long time so members had time to re-upload the mods to the new service.
    @Vilmos Vas please can you upload your mod again to the new resource manager
    so we can all download it again please..:)

Our old downloads section is now shut down for further uploading files and will remain active for some time for downloading purposes only. We ask modders with active and popular files to re-upload them to our new RM when they have the time to do so.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Steffen Lauge Sorensen

Steffen Lauge Sorensen
    Premium Member

Ok thanks :)
  16. can you reupload the file please and send me a link in a pm i realy need this